The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in recognition of its developmental role and in the exercise of its oversight function over the Financial Services Industry, has undertaken to intervene in the postgraduate programmes of three selected universities; Ahmadu Bello University, University of Ibadan and University of Nigeria.
The Central Bank of Nigeria Collaborative Postgraduate Programme (CBN-CPP) is the Bank’s flagship intervention in the education sub-sector which is aimed at producing a critical mass of well-educated postgraduate degree holders in the fields of Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration and Economics for the financial services industry, and the Nigerian economy as a whole. The CBN-CPP is housed at the Central Bank of Nigeria Centres of Excellence located in each of the Universities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant / Administrative Officer
Locations: Enugu, Ibadan-Oyo, Zaria-Kaduna
- Three Centres of Excellence intended to be the best graduate training centres in finance-related disciplines have been established by a reputable Nigerian Public Institution in three locations. The aim is to ensure availability of adequate and skilled manpower for the Nigerian financial system and the Nigerian economy. Consequently, the centres seek to hire competent professional to fill the position above.
- To provide functional and efficient administration and secretarial support at the Centre.
- Coordinate the activities of the Centre staff and Report to the Director of the Centre
- Handle mails: Attends to incoming and outgoing mails and files accordingly
- Prepare and edit documents composes and types routine correspondences;
- Transcribes, proofs and edits correspondence composed by the Director
- Maintains calendar and Plan meetings: Maintains the calendar, notifies the Director of changes; Sets up meetings as instructed or as required, notifying all parties
- Attends to visitors: Welcoming guests, replying to their queries, and directing them to appropriate persons
- Takes notes as directed and produces notes accordingly
- Manage telephone calls, supply and get data and directly talks to suitable persons
- Maintain inventory-track office supplies and orders replacement as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
Skills / Qualification
- Good communication, customer service, and relationship building skills
- Extensive secretarial and clerical work experience
- Expertise in word processing, database and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of office practices and methods
- Team working skills
- Attention to details
- Organisation and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of Finance
- Minimum of a Second-Class Bachelor’s Degree / Higher National Diploma in Public Administration, Management or other related fields.
- Possession of NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Experience in administration will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Applicants should upload their letters of application, Resume / Curriculum Vitae and credentials via the link above and indicate clearly the position applied for and the preferred location.
- Your letter of application should be in Microsoft Word or PDF and should not exceed 100 kb in size
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume should be in Microsoft Word or PDF and should not exceed 100 kb in size Please scan
- ALL your credentials to a SINGLE PDF file for upload. This PDF file containing your credentials should not exceed 2MB.
- Kindly avoid multiple submissions as duplicate entries would be disqualified.
For further information please, Call: 07002255226