The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in recognition of its developmental role and in the exercise of its oversight function over the Financial Services Industry, has undertaken to intervene in the postgraduate programmes of three selected universities; Ahmadu Bello University, University of Ibadan and University of Nigeria.
The Central Bank of Nigeria Collaborative Postgraduate Programme (CBN-CPP) is the Bank’s flagship intervention in the education sub-sector which is aimed at producing a critical mass of well-educated postgraduate degree holders in the fields of Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration and Economics for the financial services industry, and the Nigerian economy as a whole. The CBN-CPP is housed at the Central Bank of Nigeria Centres of Excellence located in each of the Universities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Locations: Enugu, Ibadan - Oyo and Zaria - Kaduna
Job Role: IT Officer / Systems Administrator
- Three Centres of Excellence intended to be the best graduate training centres in finance-related disciplines have been established by a reputable Nigerian Public Institution in three locations
- The aim is to ensure availability of adequate and skilled manpower for the Nigerian financial system and the Nigerian economy. Consequently, the centres seek to hire competent professional to fill the position above.
- To maintain the Centre’s Management Information Systems and to advise on matters relating to Information and Communication Technology.
- Manage technology services that meet operational requirements of the Centre.
- Serves as the lead IT liaison with senior administration, faculty, staff and students of the Centre and host university.
- Ensure the availability, performance and security of IT systems and applications at the Centre.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Perform systems, network, communications and data base management and administration.
- Set up, configure and maintain computer systems and issue password and login.
- Prepare tender specifications and advise on the selection of computer hardware and software, as required.
- Co-ordinate repairs and preventive maintenance of hardware and systems software.
- Provide inputs to the design, development, implementation and updating of the website of the Centre of Excellence.
- Carry out internal audits of the quality systems of the Centre.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware / software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment ,including managing personnel
- Minimum of a Second-Class honours Degree in Computer Science / Management Information Technology
- Possession of NYSC Discharge certificate.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Applicants should upload their letters of application, Resume / Curriculum Vitae and credentials via the link above and indicate clearly the position applied for and the preferred location.
- Your letter of application should be in Microsoft Word or PDF and should not exceed 100 kb in size
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume should be in Microsoft Word or PDF and should not exceed 100 kb in size Please scan
- ALL your credentials to a SINGLE PDF file for upload. This PDF file containing your credentials should not exceed 2MB.
- Kindly avoid multiple submissions as duplicate entries would be disqualified.
For further information please, Call: 07002255226