The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in recognition of its developmental role and in the exercise of its oversight function over the Financial Services Industry, has undertaken to intervene in the postgraduate programmes of three selected universities; Ahmadu Bello University, University of Ibadan and University of Nigeria.
The Central Bank of Nigeria Collaborative Postgraduate Programme (CBN-CPP) is the Bank’s flagship intervention in the education sub-sector which is aimed at producing a critical mass of well-educated postgraduate degree holders in the fields of Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration and Economics for the financial services industry, and the Nigerian economy as a whole. The CBN-CPP is housed at the Central Bank of Nigeria Centres of Excellence located in each of the Universities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Locations: Enugu, Ibadan - Oyo and Zaria - Kaduna
- Three Centres of Excellence intended to be the best graduate training centres in finance-related disciplines have been established by a reputable Nigerian Public Institution in three locations
- The aim is to ensure availability of adequate and skilled manpower for the Nigerian financial system and the Nigerian economy. Consequently, the centres seek to hire competent professional to fill the position above.
- Provide a range of library services that meet the learning, information, leisure, and cultural needs of students and to provide teaching staff with appropriate curriculum/teaching support material.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and maintain library strategies and policies in consultation with students and staff that fully reflect the educational aims and objectives of the Centre of Excellence.
- Select, maintain and manage all resources and stock within the library facilities.
- Guide and assist students and teaching staff to make the best use of the library services and facilities within the Centre and host universities.
- Maintain a high level of resource awareness in relation to relevant courses and subject areas and support teaching staff in the effective delivery of the curriculum.
- Liaise with teaching staff to develop a stock selection policy that ensures the provision of relevant resources to cover all areas of the curriculum, and abilities.
- Participate in the planning and development of programmes for information handling skills and literacy within the CoE and contribute actively to the delivery of such programmes.
- Develop and deliver induction training and other training programmes for new and existing users of the library services and facilities.
- Stage displays of materials to highlight current affairs, topical issues and particular aspects or areas of the curriculum.
- Promote library services across the Centres and encourage students and teaching staff to make use of library resources effectively.
- Assist with archiving and displaying information and materials.
- Ensure that students and staff are familiar with the use of enquiry and circulation features of the library management systems.
- Arrange library resources and materials in a way that promotes effective retrieval, including the systematic indexing, classification and cataloguing of all library resources and materials. Disseminate information relating to resources to pupils and teaching staff as appropriate.
- Carry out the routine procedures associated with the ordering, receipt and distribution of materials and the payment of invoices.
- Prepare materials and collections for use, distribution or disposal.
- Carry out routine procedures associated with the request system and inter-library loans.
- Set up and reorganise library facilities as required, including moving and reorganising stock, materials and resources.
- Design and implement library technologies (library management system, subject/research guide system, electronic resources management) to enhance library services.
- Develop electronic collection for the centre comprising eBooks, e-journals, databases, data and statistical sources to enable users access current scholarly resources remotely.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of a Second-Class Honors Degree in Library Science. A Master's Degree will be an advantage.
- Possession of NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Work experience - five years minimum.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Applicants should upload their letters of application, Resume / Curriculum Vitae and credentials via the link above and indicate clearly the position applied for and the preferred location.
- Your letter of application should be in Microsoft Word or PDF and should not exceed 100 kb in size
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume should be in Microsoft Word or PDF and should not exceed 100 kb in size Please scan
- ALL your credentials to a SINGLE PDF file for upload. This PDF file containing your credentials should not exceed 2MB.
- Kindly avoid multiple submissions as duplicate entries would be disqualified.
For further information please, Call: 07002255226