Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interpersonal Communication Agent (IPCA)
Ref No: sfh-17135
Job Type: Full-time
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate Behavioural Change Communication(BCC) activities in the selected communities.
- Conduct community outreach activities within selected communities.
- Lead the advocacy engagements with community stakeholders.
- Provide support for data collection from communities of implementation
- Prepare monthly report of community activities.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a CHEW Certificate or a National Diploma (ND) or its equivalent in Social/Behavioural/ Medical/Sciences or a related field of study.
- Must possess a minimum of 1 year experience in community and health-related interventions, especially in behaviour change communication and management of health-related plans. Experience in advocacy / IPCA will be added advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding, experience, and competency in working local communities and community leaders.
- S/he must reside in the community of implementation.
- S/he must be able to speak the local language of the state of interventions - Hausa
- S/He must be conversant with the norms and values of the community.
Skills and competency required:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, advocacy and communication skills.
- Excellent communication, report writing, and data interpretation skills.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and database.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.