African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short Term Staff - Records Management and Archives Assistant, PSEG
Location: Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department:
- The role of the Office of the Secretary General and the General Secretariat (PSEG) is to facilitate the delivery of the objectives of the Bank’s ten years Strategy, High 5s, and Development and Business Delivery Model (DBDM) by enhancing the decision-making process of the governance organs and forging better working relationships with the shareholders and host countries of the Bank.
- PSEG serves as the Secretariat of the Boards of Governors and Boards of Directors and is comprised of: (i) Immediate Office of the Secretary General (PSEG.0) which includes the Corporate Governance and Shareholders Relations Section, Records Management and Archives Section and Conferences and Meetings Section; (ii) Board Affairs and Proceedings Division (PSEG.1); and (iii) Protocol, Privileges and Immunities Division (PSEG.2).
- The incumbent works under the supervision of the Head of Section in the Management of documents and archives, in the disclosure and accessibility of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Chief Records Management Classification and Archives Officer the STS will perform the following:
DAI related tasks:
- Assist the Records Management and Archives Section/Disclosure Unit with the implementation of the Disclosure and Access to Information (DAI) policy, and compliance with said policy;
- Liaise with relevant Bank departments and monitor document capturing, processing and timely disclosure on the Bank’s external website;
- Assist with the review and respond to information requests from both internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist in updating and maintaining the external and internal DAI websites;
- Assist with the design of all necessary templates required for disclosure and access to information;
- Assist with DAI training, collect statistics on disclosure, write reports;
- Assist the Records Management and Archives Section/Disclosure Unit in preparing correspondences, documentation, tables, charts, briefing materials and presentations as required;
- Perform administrative duties, documentary research, and any other duties as required by the section;
- Support other divisional initiatives or activities including the preparation of Annual Reports to the Boards of Directors.
Records Management related tasks:
- Assist the Records Management and Archives Section/Disclosure Unit with the implementation of the Bank Group Policy on Records Management and Archives, and compliance with said policy;
- Assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of records management standards, methods, procedures, file plans and guidelines for physical and digital records management;
- Participate in the implementation of a new electronic document and records management solution (Sankofa);
- Assist in the efficient storage and retrieval of physical and electronic information and records;
- Assist in the delivery of training and information sessions related to new Information/Records Management technologies, processes, etc ;
- Assist with the transfer and organization of records to/in intermediate storage.
- At least a Bachelor's degree (BAC+3), in Library and Information Sciences, Management Information Systems, or any other related fields.
Relevant experience and skills:
- At least six (6) years of relevant work experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Fluency in English and/or French
- Strong knowledge of information privacy issues
- Knowledge of IM/RM systems/technology theories, principles and best practices and the ability to assess implications of emerging technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Windows, Word, Excel, PPT and SAP;
- Ability to prioritize assignments under pressure in an organized fashion.
- Ability to lift 25 kilograms
- Ability to work standing for long hours.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The post holder will be considered a short-term staff (local staff).
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem, to: HR Direct [email protected].
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.