Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) Campaign
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Classification: Short Term
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by Consultant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc.
- The objective of this billable short-term assignment is to serve as the Seasonal Chemoprevention (SMC) Campaign for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) - Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project
- The SMC Consultant will provide overall technical support and coordination for the implementation of the SMC campaigns in Zamfara Nigeria.
The GHSC-PSM Project is a USAID project implemented by SAII International in Nigeria. The goal of the project is to procure and provide health commodities for all USAID health programs, including but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health, as well as provide systems strengthening technical assistance to improve supply chain management and commodity security in Nigeria. The GHSC-PSM project has been requested extend support to Seasonal Chemoprevention campaigns in Zamfara State.
The project would be supporting the current round of SMC campaigns consisting of 4 cycles between July and October 2020. PMI/USAID has procured about 5.3 million Sulphadoxine Amodiaquine (SPAQ) treatments for Zamfara and campaign planning processes are currently have commenced.
Since GHSC-PSM project is tasked with facilitating all activities and providing overall technical guidance for implementation of the SMC campaigns in Zamfara State on behalf of the PMI partnership, a State SMC Consultant and LGA Technical Assistants with strong background in campaign processes are needed to deal with the huge volume of campaign-related technical operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Working with SMEP, GHSC-PSM project personnel, other Consultants and implementing partners, provide oversight for all campaign activities including training and other capacity strengthening initiatives for the SMC at all levels.
- Supervise Quantification and distribution planning of supplies including SPAQ and other related SMC campaign supplies
- Work with SMEP and partners to ensure adherence to quality standards in the selection of personnel at all levels
- Ensure availability of real time data base of all campaign personnel (both statutory and adhoc)
- Ensure development and monitor progress of personnel payment schedules; and carry out follow up actions for prompt payment of personnel during the campaign.
- Provide oversight to personnel responsible for collation, and custody of receipts and other payment documents from service providers verifying that they reflect services provided to GHSC-PSM.
- Supervise operations personnel to ensure provision of logistics (training venues, vehicles, and supplies) to ensure acceptable standard of training.
- Coordinate with state and LGA level personnel to ensure regular consultative meetings to plan, track provide update on the progress of the campaigns
- Oversee TA personnel performance and related issues.
Supervision of Consultant:
- The SMC Campaign Consultant will report to the Malaria Manager within the Malaria Program department of GHSC-PSM.
- Weekly update
- End of cycle report (Project format)
- Final report for 2020 round
- Degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Logistics Management, Science, Social Sciences or Arts.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Health program.
- Previous experience in implementing supplemental health initiatives particularly SMC campaigns within States in Nigeria mandatory.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with GoN departments to implement health programmes in Nigeria
- Previous experience managing donor resources to implement public health initiatives particularly mass distribution of health supplies
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to facilitate training / workshops.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Integrity, Passion for excellence and Professionalism
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field.
Application Closing Date