Busy Minds Consult is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: SHEQ Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
- Manage Safety functions in line with business policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure conformance with safety and OHSAS 14001 & 18001:2007 standards and requirements on the base.
- Identify system problems, investigate and recommend solutions.
- Participate in Safety Incident Investigations and Risk assessments
- Conduct internal audits.
- Facilitate root cause investigations of non-conformances and take necessary corrective and preventative actions.
- Motivate and oversee the implementation of Safety improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate and attend regular Safety meetings.
- Arrange and/or conduct induction training.
- Prepare and forward weekly reports to the SHEQ Superintendent.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Liaise with client's HSE / security / operational staff to carry out regular HSE tests/drills, fire-fighting practice and other drills to keep the workers alert and sensitive to their environment.
- Provide expertise and compliance support for project management.
- Implement PTW when required and assist dept. to fill up the work box preparation
- Monitor daily PTW implementation and revalidation
- Assists in speedy and smooth response and action in case of emergencies.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Science in Oil and Gas related discipline
- HSE Certification 1, 2, 3 and other HSE related certifications
- Approximately 1 to 2 years in HSE ideally with a multi-national organization;
- Approximately 1 year to HSE Training
- Approximately 1 to 2 years in an Operational HSE environment
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner;
- Track record of developing and implementing HSE/Training policies and systems.
Application Closing Date
3rd April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: The dates of each of your work experience should include the start month and year and stop month and year. E.g. July 2013 - May 2018. Only selected candidates will be contacted.