Busy Minds Consult is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: SHEQ Superintendent
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsibility for the implementation of the companyТs ISO-9001 compliant quality management system (QMS) throughout the business
- Responsibility for the implementation of the companyТs ISO 140001:2004 compliant environmental management system (EMS) throughout the business
- Responsibility for the implementation of the companyТs OHSAS 18001: 2007 Occupational health, safety management (OHSMS) compliant system throughout the business
- Compile the SHE statistics and other data required for the management review and implement agreed actions focusing on continuous improvement of the QMS, EMS and OHSMS
- Liaise and coordinate with Heads of Departments to ensure corporate and contractual SHE requirements are implemented, and targets met
- Manage, organise, and execute process, accident/incident investigation and system audits throughout the business
- Manage, organise, and execute risk assessments
- Ensure adequate posting of safety notices / circulars
- Maintain metrics to monitor and close-out of audit findings
- Develop customer focused information packages, presentations and solutions during the tender phase of projects, maintaining continuity during handover to project teams and/or the Heads of Departments
- Develop and implement continuous improvement, customer-oriented solutions
- Interact cross functionally with project and functional management to resolve health, safety & environment issues
- Review technical requisitions and procurement documentation for quality, health, safety & environment compliance
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by your line manager.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of a University Degree or 10 years equivalent experience with professional qualifications in HSE Management
- Minimum of 3 years in senior HSE role and working knowledge of HSE Management System in a multi-national or Oil and Gas industry
- HSE Certifications E.g. Level 3 Certification in NEBOSH National General Certificate, NEBOSH Diploma, IOSH Working Safely, First Aid, Safety Auditing, Instructor and Train-the-Trainer, basic fire-fighting skill.
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident reporting System, HSE Auditing Techniques, JSA etc.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a SHEQ Supervisor related job role
- Working as an HSE and/or SHEQ Manager for international companies in construction and oil and gas
- Experienced in implementing new SHEQ systems
- Experienced in getting and maintain ISO certifications e.g. ISO 9001 (QMS) and 45001 (OHSME) or 14001 (EMS)
Application Closing Date
3rd April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: [email protected] using the Job title as the title of the mail.
- The dates of each of your work experience should include the start month and year and stop month and year. E.g. July 2013 - May 2018.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.