WINN is an indigenous nongovernmental organization that focuses on enhancing women and youth empowerment and resilience building, Protection, Education, Peace building and conflict Management programmes, gender equality and inclusion, capacity building on sustainable agriculture, microfinance. Over a decade now WINN have been operating in Borno state to achieve its vision of seeing a new Nigeria as an egalitarian society, free from corruption, where peace tranquility, progress and equality prevail.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 12 Month with possibly of renewal
- The Human Resource Officer will be responsible to ensure that sound and consistent practices are applied for all employees through compliance with all WINN human resource policies.
- This position requires active leadership in all interactions with employees, visitors and the community.
- Focus on the WINN's Mission Statement is of paramount importance. Responsible for providing support in the various human resource and functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counseling / Guidance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide for impartial treatment to all employees through proper practices and employment policies throughout the organization. Ensure that all policies are applied fairly and consistently to all employees.
- Maintains a professional and ethical image for all staff members within the organization.
- Ensure recruitment of the most qualified applicants through proper administration of the employment function.
- Ensure maintenance of applicant application files and applicant flow log. Prepare employee personnel files and maintain accurate, up-to-date information on existing employees.
- Protect the "owners" from any employee litigation. With appropriate guidance investigate and respond appropriately to all discrimination complaints.
- Provide training, advice and guidance to management staff on employee relations issues. Provide the tools to ensure employee satisfaction and growth through training.
- Develop, oversee and direct events to improve employee morale.
- Oversee appraisal process for improving morale and productivity.
- Improve employee communications and performance by proper use of formal counseling and progressive disciplinary procedures.
- Review all terminations, conduct exit interviews and arbitrate complaints.
- Understand the wage and benefit programs and manage these programs to attract and retain qualified personnel. Manage benefits administration and communication of health benefits.
- Appropriately manage / monitor employee injuries and WorkerТs compensation.
- Provide direct assistance to employees and visitors when appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring that the WINN values remain invigorated and the mission is upheld, communicated and enforced throughout the organization as a member of the Team Qualifications:
- Drawing up plans for future personnel hiring procedures and goals
- Plan and implement training programs
- Assist in performance management and employee evaluation
- Maintaining employee records and paperwork
- Provide counseling and support on policies and procedures
- Perform duties such as job descriptions, job posting and promotion and hiring analytics
- Create, implement and manage onboarding plans
- Identified KPIs for HR department
- Adhere to laws and regulations
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Administration and Management, or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience as an HR Officer or similar HR role
- Excellent knowledge of various HR functions such as pay & benefits, recruitment, onboarding, evaluation, training & development etc.
- Good understanding of labor laws
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Strong ethical standards
- Additional HR education and certification will be a plus.
Success Factors / Key Competency:
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree preferred or, a combination of two-year college coursework and two years of experience in human resources field.
License / Certification:
- Certification through Educational Institute or through SHRM preferred (added advantage).
- Minimum of 2-3 years of progressive Human Resources experience and track record of success in HR, private business, or government;
- Union experience a plus
- Attention to detail;
- Mature, professional interaction with employees, visitors and organizational contacts;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize work;
- Ability to keep confidences and keep work confidential;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time Supervisory
- Oversees the HR Assistant
Bi-lingual fluency a plus Reasoning Ability:
- Must have the ability to understand complex concepts.
- Excellent oral / written communication skills.
- Ability to handle employee and management requests in a calm and professional manner.
Standards of Conduct
- The high ethical standards of the policies must be upheld by all members of the WINN.
- The policies relative to press relations, equal opportunity, discrimination, sexual harassment, vendor relations, etc., stated in the employee handbook and manuals are inviolable.
- We pride ourselves on providing a professional caring atmosphere for partners and all fellow employees and will achieve this goal through responsible actions.
Application Closing Date
3rd April. 2020.