KPMG Nigeria - Our client, a wholly owned indigenous company with interest in the marine logistics services space in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.
In line with the Company's desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best-in-class talent with the requisite skills and experience, the company seeks to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Ref #: 2023
Detailed Job Description
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient management of the company's financial resources and ensure that all the goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors for the business is achieved.
- The CFO will act as a strategic partner to the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer and translate the overall corporate strategy into financial and business plans and projections.
- He/ She will be responsible for overseeing tax planning to optimize the company's tax position and ensure tax compliance accordingly.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the CFO will be responsible for building and managing effective and streamlined operations, processes and systems relating to finance, accounting, treasury and Internal Control.
- The CFO will focus on strengthening his/her team's capacity to develop, implement and manage cost effective and efficient policies/practices, with particular attention to rigorous internal control systems and procedures.
- Ensuring the success of each program through cost analysis support and compliance with all contract and program requirements.
- Ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel.
- Determine the optimal structure that will best deliver on the financial services, obligations and commitments of the organization.
- Assess and fully develop the financial systems of the organization to superior levels of service and functionality for all customers served by the finance department.
- Develop financial processes that proactively and strategically establish the highest levels of benchmarks and performance for the total organization in cooperation with the executive team and field operations.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes the minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee financial management for sub-awards and programs.
- Monitor banking and investment activities of the organization.
- Work with the Managing Director and Executive team to develop financial strategy and ensure the organization’s targets are met or exceeded.
- Assess organizational performance against both annual budget and long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial information to the executive management team.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with organization’s strategic plan.
- Participate in developing new businesses, specifically: assist the Chief Supply Chain Officer and Chief Operating Officer in identifying new funding opportunities.
- Provide timely and insightful analysis of financial results and forecasts, analyses the allocation of costs and provide key metrics to the management team to enable them effectively run the organization.
- Ensure that the Finance & Accounts Department prepares and sends periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually) to donors and partners as required which comply with all local and donor-specific financial guidelines.
- Engage the Board Audit Finance and Corporate Governance Committees on issues, trends and changes in operating models and financial systems.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives, meeting agendas as well as selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors and investment advisers).
Advocacy and External Relations:
- Develop successful and trusting relationships with donors, partners and other stakeholders and create and sustain an environment that supports these relationships.
- First degree in Accounting or its equivalent
- Professional accounting/finance certification e.g .ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA
- A Masters (MBA preferred) or business-related postgraduate degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience, with at least 7 years in a management role.
- Knowledge of the technicalities of the oil & gas/ marine sector would be an added advantage
- Track record of accomplishments including strategic initiatives and leadership of major change efforts.
- Strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions and financers.
- Hands on experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organization.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Able to provide leadership and critical control of all day-to-day aspects of finance and accounting. In addition, the CFO will be part of the senior leadership team responsible for the strategic and tactical direction of the company.
- To be responsible for ensuring the success of all financial operations.
- To provide operational and strategic oversight for the organizational finance operations
- Strategic enabler and risk manager, able to look beyond the numbers.
- Knowledgeable of a cyclical industry like the marine and logistics industry.
General Requirements for the Role:
- Matured and experienced individual.
- Has an entrepreneurial/ ownership mindset.
- Strong ability to build and lead teams, drive the organization towards a common vision and goal
- Must be a change agent, a good communicator and understands cultures drivers
Application Closing Date