One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: People Operations Associate
Location: Kabwe, Zambia
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Full-time job
Sponsor International Candidates: Yes; Zambia country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- One Acre Fund has been operating in Zambia since 2015, and we have grown to serve over 19,000 clients in more than 100 sites in Central Province with a staff of over 150 people. Our plan is to grow even more and become one of ZambiaТs fastest-growing professional organizations.
- We are looking for an exceptional professional with 3+ years of work experience to serve in a position that is responsible for setting strategy for growing the team with the Country Director, training the team across all job grades and departments and executing on all human resource initiatives and processes within One Acre Fund Zambia.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Lead the Zambia People Operations Department which will include:
- Prepare bi-annual performance reviews for all direct reports
- Provide management and mentorship to all direct reports through weekly check ins, team meetings. Direct reports will be individuals from each of the following teams:
- Zambia Recruiting team
- Zambia Training and Development team
- Zambia Corporate Operations team
- Zambia Human Resources team
- Build the capacity to attract Zambia's most talented leaders, efficiently on-board hundreds of staff per year, and find innovative ways to maximize morale and productivity
- Build and lead the in-country Recruitment team
- Oversee the recruitment team to ensure the organization can attract and screen enough employees to support aggressive growth targets
- Oversee the Corporate Operations team to ensure all office administration, transportation, guest logistics and team well-being needs are met. This will also include acting as the Zambia Diversity and Inclusion lead
- Report to the organizationТs global People Operations team to ensure compliance with global standards across all departments listed above
- Creating a training department that will support every team across the Zambia program
- Build and lead the in-country Training and Development team
- Oversee the Training Department staff to ensure all staff are supported in their professional development
- Manage the human resources team and define the strategy for improvements to staff policies
- Oversee the Human Resources team to ensure all local labour laws are known and followed by all staff and stakeholders
- Support the human resources team in ensuring compliance to local laws and One Acre Fund policies and best practice
- Ensure the well-being of the Zambia team and guests
- Liaise country team with global teams in areas such as Org Culture and Diversity Equity & Inclusion
- Manage the Corporate Operations team with support from Global Corporate Operations on issues such as:
- Health and well being
- Safety and Security
- Transportation, accommodation, etc
Career Growth And Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. YouТll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You'll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career
- We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3-5 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Undergraduate background required, Masters degree preferred, in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, or related fields.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience - specifically in people development and leadership of teams
- Fluent in English. Fluency in local languages found in Central province (e.g. Bemba, Tonga, Lenje, Nyanja etc.) is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability of: creative problem-solving, successful implementation and execution of strategy, ownership and accountability, and materials creation for widespread distribution
- High proficiency with computer skills regarding e-mail, internet usage, and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Friendly personality, professional and proactive work attitude, as well as the ability to interact with people from different backgrounds
- Ability to tackle any task, large or small, with professionalism and enthusiasm
Compensation / Benefits
- Commensurate with experience
- Health insurance, paid time off
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.