MacTay Consulting is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Consultant
- Assist with delivering project(s) within agreed time, budget (financial) and defined quality criteria.
- Develop project charter, covering objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of the companyТs policies.
- Develop a robust, end-to-end execution plan in line with project objectives.
- Track project activities and compliance with planning guidelines and project plans.
- Co-ordinate input and maintains plans throughout project life cycle.
- Gather project status and assist in providing with up to date information on all projects (where applicable)
- Track and monitor identified risks and proactively escalate risks in accordance with related escalation rules (where applicable) and procedures.
- Analyse and understand the different stakeholders and their project expectations, with a view to providing the required information/ reports required
- Maintain liaison with various contractors and vendors in order to manage the day-to-day activities that affect the delivery of companyТs critical facilities construction projects
- Establish and enhance a strong working relationship with various internal teams and external customers, as required, to facilitate construction activities.
- Provide periodic updates on project progress, risks and other pertinent issue to relevant steering committee
- Ensure the design and implementation of the modern DCs meet the agreed typology (Tier 3 or Tier 4) and other relevant considerations.
- Supervise the DC build activities to ensure equipment and processes are completed in line with agreed specifications.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and tools to provide best practice insight and best-in-class recommendations to management.
- Ensure that all components as well as their usage are consistent and in compliance with all applicable regulatory, division (IT, Network Group and Enterprise Business), and corporate standards, policies and guidelines.
- Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensure vendor complies with relevant standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- A Degree in Sciences / Engineering, preferably Computer Science / Engineering or Electrical Electronics Engineering
- Strong experience in project management, delivery of modern data centre, from design through to build and deployment. Having a project management certification is an added advantage
- Minimum 6 years of relevant industry experience in enterprise IT management, technology consulting, advisory or professional services.
- Experience working in a large organisation, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of the attributes of a Tier 3 and Tier 4 data centre as defined by Uptime Institute, and other relevant considerations for the establishment of a modern Data Centre
- Good appreciation of the requirements for establishing/ building a DC in Lagos Ц licensing/ approval requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage different stakeholder groups Ц management, IT vendors, suppliers, etc.
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, drawings and specifications, including Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant applications.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as subject of the email.