ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources / Admin Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Start date: As soon as possible - Desirable
About the Job
- Acted Nigeria Mission operates throughout the North East Region of Nigeria. Due to the nature of operations, the geographical locations in which we as a mission deliver humanitarian aid, the unpredictable and ever-changing context, staff accountability procedures, the importance of effective communications and the concern of staff safety and security during any field deployments within this context is of a huge concern:
- The Administration / Human Resource Assistant is responsible for ACTED Administration and Human resources (staff management, recruitments, filing and training organization in his/her area of intervention
Administration / Liaison:
- Update monthly the World Directory for Nigeria and share with HQ
- Update the ACTED Nigeria Contact list for all staff monthly and ensure monthly dissemination
- Support the management of ACTED premises lease & ensure contracts are updated and renewed for each premises;
- Support the process for Registration as needed
- Ensure ACTED office lease follow-up is in place
- Track ACTEDs consumption of electricity and water for consummation follow-up of running costs
- Manage the Cleaners for ACTED GH and Office
- Ensure adequate availability and timely replenishment of office / GH cleaning supplies as identified by the cleaners.
Human Resources Management
- National Staff:
- Assist with the HR management of staff in Area Office & Area Sub bases (if any);
- Liaise with other bases to support with HR documentation and processes
- Assist with contract follow-up for national staff, including management of notification of upcoming ends of contracts with Heads of Departments for follow-up and decisions on staff contracts
- Support in collecting and compiling all the HR documents such as leave request, timesheets, TOIL Mission Leave, ensuring they are filed both in hard and soft copy.
- Support the staff appraisal process during bi-annual review Management of Award and or disciplinary action to staff as per ACTED HR Manual after approval of Country Representative;
- Management/Follow up of staff leaves, provide necessary forms for staff, while needed;
- Follow up of ACTED HR standards templates in line with ACTED HR Manual/internal regulations
- Update and maintain ACTED Maiduguri Organization Chart in accordance to the size of program (new staff, new dept. & new projects);
- Responsible for tracking new employees, welcome packages and arranging ID cards.
- On boarding for newly employed staff
- Conducting Orientation
- Assist in the preparation of monthly pay slips for staff salaries
- Brief Training for all new national staff on ACTED system, procedures, code of conduct and internal regulation
- Answer employees’ questions and provide requested information
- Maintain schedule and coordinate calendar activities
- Support HR Manager on work permits for international staff and dealing with legal follow-up
- Maintain and follow up of international staff attendance sheet and send on monthly basis to HR Officer
- Drafting of all letters related to international staff ( extension ,Invitation Introduction letters Etc)
- Support to the Recruitment process as needed:
- Prepare vacancy announcements for National staff recruitment at in area of intervention after the Recruitment Request Form signed and approved by CFM and CR.
- Ensure that ToRs are prepared by line manager prior to release the vacancy announcement;
- Ensure that all CVs will be reviewed by relevant dept. or requester prior short listing;
- Prepare a comprehensive/clear short list for successful candidates to attend for Interview(s)
- Ensure to collect all necessary documents of applicants as indicated in ACTED HR Manual;
- Ensure to check successful candidate “Reference Check” prior to offer the position;
- Draft employment contract for staff and collect all information required for contract. (ID card, photos, identification information, “recruitment package” etc.
- General Filing:
- Create Standard ACTED Admin / HR filing system (include official correspondences, premises contracts, governmental tax follow up, recruitment process documents etc);
- Create thorough personal folders system for national staff;
- Store the staff personal folders in safe and secure cabinet with no access to unauthorized staff;
- Ensure that the personal folder database have been updated on regular basis;
- Completion of a University Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or closely related Social Sciences
- Languages: English required (Hausa and Kanuri– added advantage)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in administration/human resources and in similar position.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge and application of Nigeria Labour Laws.
- Previous team experience and knowledge of team dynamics desirable
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed by deadline
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Willing to adhere to and implement the ACTED rules.
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills, able to work under pressure and manage personal stress
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager,
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.