Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Enumerator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Job Type: Temporary
- Collect information and data on food security, WASH and Nutrition in Action Against Hunger focal communities & at LGA level through surveys, assessments, distributions and regular post distribution monitoring of beneficiary households
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support primary data collection
- Support in registration and distribution process for beneficiaries.
- Work closely with community structures on AAH activities.
- Support the Team in ensuring that AAH activities are carried out in line with standard guidelines.
- Minimum of Diploma in any relevant course
Skills and Experience
- Strategic thinking, planning, reporting and communication skills
- Fluent in English and Hausa; other local languages an asset; solid literacy skills in English
- Interpersonal skills – able to work with diverse stakeholders and partners effectively
- Precision and exactitude
- Basic computer literacy
- Good capacity to work in a team
- Resident in Borno
- Resident of community area (LGA) of work, networks within community
- Previous NGO experience in a similar setting
- Proficiency with local languages (Kanuri and Shuwa)
- Experience with ODK or Mobile Data Collection
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.