The Federal University Lokoja (FUL) was established in February 2011 and is located in Lokoja, Kogi State, North-Central Nigeria, about 160 Kilometers from Abuja the Nation’s Capital. It is a conventional University that is striving to excel in both Academic and Research activities in order to compete favourably with other Universities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Librarian
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- The Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library and conditions of Library services in the University, its Campuses, Departments, other Teaching and Research Units and the entire University Community.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practising Librarian / Academic,
- Possess a good Honours Degree and a PhD in Library and Information Science from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience, preferably in the University system.
- Have attained the rank of Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a University.
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven record of sound administrative leadership.
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and the head of the University’s Library, candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership;
- The candidate must possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life;
- The candidate must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Salary / Condition of Service
- The Salary and Conditions of Service of the University Librarian shall be as obtained in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate for the Office of Librarian shall serve a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- List of Publications
- Honours / Distinctions
- Positions held with dates
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Learned Societies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover; directly to the "Vice-Chancellor" via the address below.
All Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, "Position of University Librarian" to:
Federal University Lokoja,
Lokoja, Kogi State.