Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, a reputable Oil and Gas Servicing company requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Underwater Maintenance Inflatable Boat Operator
- Responsible for material ordering procedures and demonstrated writing ability with sufficient technical background to research data from various equipment tests.
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing unit assigned watercraft, and associated equipment in the most economical way possible based on available facilities and extent of repairs required.
- Responsible for Scheduling and completing routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs as necessary
- Maintain equipment like range markers, fire extinguishers, boat fenders, lines, pumps, and fittings.
- Organize and direct the activities of crew members while working offshore on inflatable boat
- Follow safety procedures so as to make sure the protection of passengers, cargo, and vessels.
- Issue directions for loading, unloading, and seating in boats.
- Operate engine throttles and steering mechanisms so as to guide boats on desired courses.
- Secure boats to docks with mooring lines, and cast-off lines to enable embarkation, disembarkation and departure.
- Vessel Crew, Jetty Marshals, Beach Master, Marine Supervisor, HSE Representative.
- Minimum of a standard National Diploma or equivalent in Nautical Science / Technical
- Senior lyceum Certificate / WASC plus 5 years’ Inflatable Boat Operational Experience in Offshore environment are often considered
- Work Experience: Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience in Small Craft operation, Navigation and Rules of the Road, Seamanship, and Maritime Communications
- Physically fit and Capable of working at Sea.
- Sea Farer Qualification is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as subject of the email.