Quidax is an African focused cryptocurrency exchange. We enable customers to buy/sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies (Ethereum, USDT and Litecoin) with Naira.
Our vision, which is at the core of what we do every day at Quidax, is to build a world where sending money and value around the globe is as easy as sending a text message. We value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Marketing Intern
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- We are looking for someone who loves writing and enjoys simplifying technical subjects like rocket science so much that a 6-year-old would understand.
- If you can tell a good story that can keep people captivated and give them a laugh or two, you have what it takes. Most importantly we would love to chat with you if you have a healthy dose of wit up your sleeve.
- The role is an internship role so you don’t need to have prior work experience. Although your writing and storytelling have to be impressive. You would really help us if you apply only if you are certain your writing is worth a thing.
- We work primarily onsite at our office in Lagos (Lekki) from 9–5 every day, so you would have to be prepared to come to the office every day. And if you say oh, what about COVID, we are all working from home right now but we are firm believers in the human race and our ability to overcome this. So in a matter of time, we would be working from the office again seeing beautiful faces.
- We always and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds and identities to apply. With each new hire, we look to diversify, strengthen our team and be more purposeful about building our culture. On the other hand, we look to give you the opportunity to grow, do the most impactful work of your life tackling problems that matter while being happy doing it.
About the Job
- Your role will be to write content about blockchain and cryptocurrency, making it easy for anyone to understand.
- The content has be relatable and interesting to read with a spot of humour. You would also optimise the content for search and engagement. We are big on measurement so tracking the success of every piece of content you create is important to us.
- Its an internship position so it’s going to be a journey of learning, you need to be comfortable dealing with feedback and possibly re-writing an article multiple times.
- This role is central to our vision for the future and you will be at the forefront of bringing that future to life via the content you create.
Here’s an example of what your day to day at Quidax might look like:
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Curate, research and write industry-related topics for the Quidax blog
- Copy optimisation for content marketing
- Conduct simple keyword research and use search engine optimisation best practice to increase web traffic
- Management of Quidax content assets
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Enter into a race with the non-existing office tortoise
- Critic the office colours
- It differs from day-to-day.
- We are a company of learners in a lot of ways. We don’t expect you to be perfect so we would prefer if you were hungry and willing to learn. We like humble people too.
- We are looking for people who are driven, patient and empathetic. We are looking for the kind of person who a reader would say your writing is rubbish and I can’t understand. Instead of taking offence (actually it’s okay to take a little bit of offence, we are humans) but the larger response would be to check yourself and your article to see where you might have gone wrong and what you can do to make it right.
- We are very big on discipline as one of our core values, because we believe it is the soul of an army and it can make great things happen in the long run. So we have rules that have consequences attached to them and then we encourage everyone to govern themselves to do what is required and go over and beyond in service of our customers
- We are big on openness and candour in the workplace, so if you see something that doesn’t make sense, it is your responsibility to say so. We are not afraid to disagree and argue about things so far we are doing it with the purpose of bringing out the best idea and not bringing people down.
- We also like to have fun, we can look quite chilled, our interviews can be really great and funny experiences if you are not too wound up, we try to make you loosen up in the first couple of minutes and just have a conversation and not just give generic interviewy answers, we hate those. We are fans of alcohol and the parties (after work hours) so if your thing is shots, beer or both, you are in good company and we know a great catfish plug.
- We are a cryptocurrency company, building to be the most influential crypto company in Africa, but it isn’t a crime to not know jack about cryptocurrency, every single person here learnt on the job and we are more than happy to teach.
Application Closing Date