The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: iCCM Technical Advisor
Job ID: 13-11071
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A576 - PMI - S
Reports To: Senior Technical Malaria Lead
Number of Positions: 1
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The objective of the iCCM Technical Advisor position is to coordinate public and private sector stakeholders for quality implementation of iCCM in Ebonyi state. The position will support all iCCM related activities, including development of iCCM work plans, selection and training of iCCM service providers, data management, supervision, and documentation in line with Nigeria National iCCM guidelines.
- Coordinate implementation of project activities with the state malaria lead and SMEP.
- Engage with Patent and Proprietary Medicine Vendors (PPMVs), Community Pharmacists (CPs) and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that the iCCM program is utilizing standard FMOH iCCM policies, guidelines and training materials.
- Lead the development of iCCM work plans that are integrated into the state malaria work plans. Work to integrate iCCM with other child survival programs, particularly with nutrition programs and state Saving One Million Lives program.
- Coordinate all iCCM related trainings, data collection, supervision, and DQA, working in close collaboration with the STML, SMEP and Child Health Unit of the SMOH.
- Ensure information on iCCM trainings, supervisions and service data are entered into iCCM database in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with iCCM Data Officer on data management and ensure that iCCM indicators are adequately tracked and reported.
- Work with relevant partners to link demand creation in the community for iCCM and health services in facilities.
- Represent MSH in relevant iCCM activities such as iCCM meetings, and stakeholders’ meetings at the state level.
- Support the state team to conduct supervisory visits to iCCM service providers to assess progress, ensure quality services are provided, and address implementation challenges.
- Ensure that iCCM supervisors conduct monthly supervision, submit iCCM reports and participate in review meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
- MPH or Bachelor's degree in public health or a health related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in program implementation in the field of malaria, iCCM or IMCI.
- Deep knowledge of capacity challenges, needs and opportunities in collaborating with PPMVs and the private sector in general.
- Familiarity with iCCM international best practices and Nigeria iCCM national guidelines, training packages, supervision, data collection processes and tools, and reporting.
- Experience with community level health interventions, including demand creation.
- Willingness to travel to hard-to-reach areas in project location.
- Basic M&E experience and experience with basic database management,
- Computer literate: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of at least one local language of the project state is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
- This advertisement will be closed early if we are able to find enough suitable candidates.