Quickmove.com.ng is a moving & relocating company located in Lagos Nigeria for your home, office and equipment moves. Our team of experienced property movers and packers will not only make your move stress-free but also take pride in ensuring your home or office move is done quickly, seamlessly and effectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Transport and Logistics Intern
We are looking for
- Responsible logistics intern who will assist with the overall logistics management of quickmove.com.ng.
- You will assist in recruiting, organizing and monitoring the duties of contractors as well as to monitor the process of packing, loading, unloading, dismantling, and installing.
- You are also to ensure fast and safe transportation of client’s properties in the most cost-effective way. The goal is to manage the entire cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Negotiate with, recruit and organize contractors (Truck hires, Electricians, Plumbers etc) as may be needed by the customer.
- Organize and properly Orientate the team for every job.
- Responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of relocation.
- Planning moves, managing budgets, organizing schedules, ensuring that properties are safe and properly loaded and offloaded.
- Making reports, processing documents, logs and other records that display departmental performance.
- Develop a process to track and record value delivered to the customer, Identify and seize profitable business opportunities, Utilize available metrics to monitor and maximize customer efficiencies and achieve cost savings.
- Use of IT systems to manage client base;
- Liaising and negotiating with customers and partner;
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, or customer issues.
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of proximity, fuel costs,costs of materials,and rising environmental pressures.
- Ensuring the team (field supervisor, truck driver, packers, loaders) in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Minimum of OND, HND or degree in Transport, Distribution or Logistics, Business Management, Economics, Geography or any other Social Science related courses.
- Related work experience, such as logistics, warehousing, storage, retail or administration, could be an advantage.
- Computer literacy with the ability to use IT packages and electronic communication methods.
- A logical and systematic approach to work;
- Good time management ability;
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions;
- Commercial awareness and numeracy skills;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Negotiation and analytical skills.
- Applicants must be able to drive and possess a valid driver’s license
- Applicants must be based in Lagos. Living within close proximity to Gbagada is a plus.
- Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
- Must be available to work occasionally at nights, holidays and weekends
- Familiarity with all of the goods and services offered by the company.
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Applicants must be ready for an interview and aptitude test which will be conducted via skype.