Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Intern
Ref No: 20000DGX
Duration: 12 month contract
Job Type: Student/Intern Hire
- This job code is utilized for the majority of our temporary hires. The individual is performing hourly job duties as defined under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- To provide assistance as required by the Managing Counsel for Oracle in West Africa.
Assisting the Managing Counsel and the Legal Department in all aspects of work required from the Legal Organization. This will include, but not be limited to, assisting in:
- Organizing and maintaining records, meeting minutes and legal archive;
- Organizing and maintaining Corporate household;
- Reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents;
- Drafting letters and documents as required;
- Taking ownership on issues as assigned by the Managing Counsel;
- Continuous interface with other functions in the company;
- Liaison with Business Practices, Compliance & Ethics and Deal Management organizations;
- Provide updates to other departments as necessary;
- Implementing legal policies and business practices;
- Co-ordination of legal services within relevant groups and functions;
- Attending internal and external meetings;
- Perform all other tasks that are appropriate for and required by an in-house Legal department.
- Develop understanding of Oracle´s products and services;
- Develop understanding of Oracle’s business requirements and policies.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- L.L.B. & B.L. - Bachelor of Laws; L.L.M would be a distinctive advantage
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar;
- National Youth Service Completion Certificate;
- Minimum 1 year post call to the Nigerian bar experience;
- International exposure would be a nice to have;
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- High-level ability to articulate and draft in English;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Creative thinking;
- Desire to learn and develop.
- Oracle Legal Internship Program in West Africa
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Application Closing Date