CareerXpress is one of Africa’s biggest social enterprise with a core objective of reducing unemployment in West Africa using digital marketing skills. We partner with organizations with the aim of bridging employability gap in the workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solution Architect
- We are recruiting for a Solution Architect for a financial institution located in Lagos.
- The ideal candidate is to design or modify systems architecture to meet certain business needs. Successful candidates will be responsible to test, integrate, and program software systems to ensure that specific business issues are solved.
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company's needs.
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
- Work closely with Information Technology professionals within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates
- Propose and establish framework for necessary contributions from various departments
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope
- Work closely with project management teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and manage their proper execution.
- Academic/Professional: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Work experience: Minimum 6 -8 years overall work experience of which five (4) years should be experience in software solution architecture.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- In-depth understanding of coding languages
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Positive outlook in meeting challenges and working to a high level
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Professional experience working with and analyzing computer hardware and software
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2020.