Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria COVID-19 Response Coordinating Consultant
Locations: Bauchi, Edo, Kano, and Oyo (Indicate location in your application & email title)
- In support of the Government of NigeriaТs response to the COVID-19 pandemic, TMEC/RISE is currently seeking to employ the services of consultants to work in collaboration with the state government and other USAID partners to oversee state-level emergency operations centers (EOCs) for the COVID-19 response in Bauchi, Edo, Kano, and Oyo States.
Scope of Work
Under the guidance and supervision of the Jhpiego Senior Management, the consultant will assist in coordinating and reporting of USAID COVID-19 response in the assigned State by carrying out the following tasks:
- Serve as Jhpiego focal point for all activities related to the setup of an Emergency Operations Centre. This include but not limited to; monitoring and supervision of equipment and fittings installations to be sure they are completed within established timeframes, standard of quality and donor satisfaction.
- Facilitate high level advocacy with Executive governors, State commissioners and other highly delegates in the State
- Promote synergy between all the EoC pillars (Coordination, Surveillance, Point of entry, laboratory, case management, Logistics, Risk Communication and IPC
- Prepare a plan of action for long term support and follow up of EoC with specific indication of human resources, communication and training needs.
- Ensure good coordination between the State Ministry of health and diverse stakeholders involved in the COVID-19 preparedness and response activities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and promote information sharing based on data to support the provision of effective health services.
- Support the strengthening of the COVID-19 surveillance system and participate in the daily EOC meetings to discuss and plan based on epidemiological findings and insights
- Develop and maintain appropriate communication with Jhpiego POC in Abuja and other relevant stakeholders in the State.
- Provide timely feedback on ongoing setup of the EOC and support in achieving maximum efficiency of the entire process.
- Participate in USAID and Jhpiego meetings as required, and provide updates on ongoing activities at the EOC. Support coordination of EOC COVID-19 response activities.
- Develop comprehensive and timely communication reports and articles as necessary
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the areas of Epidemiology, public health, health systems strengthening or environmental health.
- Minimum of Masters degree in Social sciences, Public Health or related field is required. Relevant postgraduate qualifications and familiarity with stakeholders in the State of assignment will be an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience in public health interventions and epidemic management
- Extensive stakeholders engagement experience
- Ability to communicate strategic aims into actionable and practical plans
- Proven skills in communication, networking, strategic thinking, advocacy
- Ability to work effectively and achieve consensus among diverse stakeholders
- Fluency in English and the main language(s) of the state
- Excellent facilitation, oral and report writing and communications skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple and competing demands while establishing priorities
- Daily/Weekly Status Report
- Detailed and top quality report highlighting all stages of implementation from the pre-assessment phase to the completion and handover of the EOC to State Government.
- Well documented pre, during and post analysis pictures, reports and articles
Application Closing Date
Monday (EoB) 11th May, 2020.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: [email protected] The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Indicate location in your application & email title
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer