Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infographics and Program Assistant
Reference Number: ABV/PRO/2020/0020
Location: Abuja, Nigeria (With an estimated 40% travel to other program locations)
Position Status: Full-time, Field-based, and Regular
Program / Department Summary
- This is a five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Community Initiative to Promote Peace (CIPP).
- The CIPP program aims to strengthen conflict prevention, mediation and early warning by facilitating community-led analysis and action to prevent, manage, and mitigate conflict and violent extremism.
- The program will work in twenty-four (24) high-risk local government areas in Benue, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kogi and Plateau states.
General Position Summary
- The Infographic and Program Assistant will be responsible for developing quality and visually appealing communication materials through graphic design and photography.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- The Infographic and Program Assistant will report to the Program Manager.
- The position is based in Abuja and it requires up to (40 %) travel to Benue, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kogi and Plateau states
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop infographics using supplied data to present core messages and organize complex information into visual representations;
- Deliver creative infographic and technical solutions for print, electronic and animated presentations.
- Deliver high-quality photographs and videos, maps, charts, information graphics and branding to support project documents.
- Communicate conceptual ideas and design decisions to project teams
- Develop the visual design taking into consideration typography, iconography, layout and brand identity
- Conceptualize and execute creative graphic design and layout for research and M&E materials and other printed and communication materials
- Disseminate information for upcoming activities and events
- Assist program officers to ensure program progress according to the developed schedule and work plan
- Assist in the coordination of activities in CIPP implementing sites
- Support in the process of beneficiary registration, community mobilization and sensitization
- Assist in promoting community participation and inclusion so as to encourage community ownership over activities implemented
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in policy and procedure manual;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in its country of operation;
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports Directly to: Program Manager, CIPP
- Works Directly with: Program officers, finance and operations and Security and safety teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced Graduates of visual arts, graphic design, layout, document development and multimedia production with at least two years' relevant experience;
- Ability to review documents, interpret information and synthesize information and present it in a creative manner;
- Excellent skills in data visualization and experience in infographic designing
- Ability to design using various design software packages
- Proficient photography and editing skills preferred
- Working knowledge of USAID policies, rules and regulations preferred
- Experience working with international development agencies is an asset
- Team player, with excellent organizational, training design and delivery, time management, and communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong curiosity for understanding and working effectively within the complex cultural, political, security and social environment of Nigeria.
- He/She will be an excellent infographics designer, communicator, multi-tasker, and able to work in ambiguous situations. He/She will be a tolerant and flexible individual able to work in difficult and stressful environments and follow procedures.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/STA to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of Mercy Corps' vision. Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
- Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions: The position is based in Abuja and it requires up to 40% travel to field offices.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements such as location, position and reference number to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
- We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.