AfyA Care - Set up to actively invest in and operate healthcare assets with a vision to make healthcare accessible and affordable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reports to: COO and CFO
- We seek a Financial Controller to oversee the finance and accounting department of our hospital investee company.
- The Financial Controller will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties including, working capital management, treasury, transaction processing, reporting, planning and compliance.
- Manage the operations of the finance and accounting department of the hospital.
- Develop and implement finance and accounting policies, processes and procedures in line with leading practices.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the activities of any supplier to which functions have been outsourced.
- Oversee the finance and accounting department of hospital subsidiaries/spokes (where applicable).
Treasury and Working Capital Management:
- Ensure adequate funding is available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirement through effective working capital management.
- Proactively manage cashflows and implement treasury management best practices.
- Verify all expense claims to certify correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided.
- Record cash receipts in a timely manner and deposit them promptly.
- Ensure that all cash and cheque payment requests are duly completed, certified and approved by authorized staff and all necessary supporting documents are provided before payment is done.
- Ensure invoices are issued as soon as services are rendered to customers.
- Oversee the prompt collection of account receivables.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for all bank accounts.
- Make scheduled debt payment as needed.
- Process payroll information and issue compensation payment to employees when due.
- Maintain records of all expenses and entries into their ledgers and reconciliations of the ledgers.
- Maintain an orderly filing system for all hard copies of source documents, including a system of document archiving and destruction.
- Maintain a comprehensive system of control over all accounting functions.
- Coordinate and oversee the timely preparation of monthly management accounts and financial reports.
- Supervise the preparation of consolidated financial statement accounts for Hospital and subsidiaries/spokes in accordance with acceptable IFRS standards.
- Prepare various financial analysis and management report.
- Provide valuable analysis and insightful review of financial results and value drivers.
- Measure financial and operational performance of the business and report to management.
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Identify key business metrics and report on them to the management.
- Identify financial risks and assess the long-term effect of risk using scenario analysis.
- Provide information needed by external auditors in the preparation of audited financial statement.
- Coordinate the creation of the annual budget.
- Calculate and report reasons for variances between actual and budgeted results to management.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Monitor the company’s compliance with debt covenants and report any breach to management.
- Manage regulatory payments–PAYE, Pension, WHT and Tax filings.
- Supervise and monitor compliance with relevant tax laws.
Application Closing Date