The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Communication Manager
Locations: Maiduguri-Borno or Yola-Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
- The Communication Manager will be responsible for raising awareness about project, write and distribute content to promote project’s brand and activities.
- Liaise with media and also produce press releases. H/she shall give technical support in drafting and editing project reports.
- Provide technical support in drafting, editing project’s reports (including high-level technical reports).
- Manage the project's online presence including the project website and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn etc.
- Support internal and external communications i.e. manage media contacts.
- Monitor and track all relevant media activity and reportage and obtain newspaper cuttings, articles and news features.
- Leverage current publishing and information technologies to capture and disseminate project gains in new and compelling ways.
- Integrate information dissemination, networking, and outreach activities into the knowledge sharing effort.
- Support partners to generate key messages, develop talking points and draft speeches.
- Coordinates development of annual/quarterly reports, success stories, blogs, web articles and ad hoc reports.
- Organizes public events, production of publicity materials, press releases and coordination with media outlets.
- Develop communication materials in print and online formats to support project objectives.
- Ensure conformity with USAID communication, branding and marking guidelines
- Any other task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master / M.Sc in Information Technology, Communications, Journalism, Management, Social Sciences or related filed.
- Excellent Internet savvy, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), knowledge of graphics software desirable.
- Must have 5-7 years of specific related experience in communications, preferably with INGO or donor funded projects.
- Excellent spoken and written English/report writing skills (to be tested).
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
Click here for more information
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.