The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Livelihood Officer
Location: Maiduguri-Borno or Yola-Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
- The Livelihoods Officer will support the technical implementation of the cash transfer project by ensuring that the project activities are done within the time frame. Organize and manage the distribution of cash to targeted households.
- Organize and supervise the distribution of cash to the targeted beneficiaries.
- Responsible for the selection and verification of beneficiaries in coordination with community committee and authorities and the use of selection criteria
- Actively engage and support in community sensitization activities on selection criteria, cash redemption process and feedback mechanism.
- Develop distribution plans for Cash and share for final approval.
- Maintain clear communication with cash transfer agents and beneficiaries in accordance with Project policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with cash transfer agents on the schedule of distributions to make sure they are ready with cash to smoothly distribute cash to beneficiaries.
- Organize cash distributions considering safety and dignity of beneficiaries
- Conduct field visits to project sites and meet with community leaders to select specific vulnerable locations for targeting and ensure a conducive community mobilization system
- Provide close supervision and monitoring to the implementation of livelihood project-related activities in the field.
- Conduct post-distribution monitoring.
- Support in conducting market assessments or cash feasibility assessment in the targeted communities.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Development studies or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Proven practical experience in cash and livelihoods programming.
- Coordination experience with different partners and stakeholders
- Good written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate in local languages (Hausa) will be an added advantage
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
Click here for more information
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.