The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for Project procurements, review overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle and ensure adequate competition is achieved for procurements.
- Maintain comprehensive procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the or needs of the project.
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for procurements, in collaboration with the project team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Liaise with Procurement committee to process procurements according to AUN/Project’s respective procurement rules and regulations.
- Develop and provide regular procurement mentoring and trainings to project staff to support project implementation.
- Compile and review budgets, solicited quotations, negotiations, and analysis to recommend vendors for delivery of goods and services.
- Verify to ensure deliveries are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BSc./BA in Purchase & Supply, Economics, Business Admin or relevant Social Science field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience is required with three years of experience directly relevant to procurement.
- INGO Work experience or donor-funded project is desirable.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle high-priority procurements.
- Excellent timekeeping skills and ability to independently manage deadline-oriented tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English required
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
Click here for more information
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.