The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Security Officer
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
- The Senior Security Officer will coordinate day to day security operations of the project.
- H/she will provide support and security updates to the Security Advisor for the day-to-day Project Security needs as per the Project/AUN security policies.
- Provide security coordination and supervision for the project and field offices.
- Responsible for the security of staff both staff and project properties.
- Provide the program staff with security clearance and ensuring security of training venues.
- Support in the implementation of phone tree and project emergency evacuation plan.
- Report to Security Advisor and the PD on safety mitigation and threat warnings at project offices/fields.
- Oversee movement control and coordination for the project, including driver and vehicle deployment and staff whereabouts.
- Liaise with Security Advisor and Project Director to issue security clearance before any field trip by program staff.
- Provide weekly security report to the PD, AG&C and Security Advisor
- Any other task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc/HND in Sociology, criminology or any other social sciences with 2 years’ experience managing project security.
- Must have 5-7 years of specific experience.
- Relevant training on security operation desirable.
- Retired military/police and or other security service is a plus
- Good working ICT Skills.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
Click here for more information
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.