The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Monitor
Locations: Damaturu, Maiduguri & Yola
Slots: 3 Openings
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Livelihood Officer
The Monitor will conduct monitoring of activities of the targeted beneficiaries for the Livelihood Project, set up monitoring according to designed standard procedures and accurate documentation on cash and/or items distributions.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of the project in the field
- Assist the Livelihood Centre Assistant in running field activities.
- Inform the Livelihood Centre Officer and project officers about any problems in the camp or community.
- Report everyday about the development of the project in the field.
- Assist in distribution of items meant for the PoCs and/or other beneficiaries.
- Participate in community mobilization, registration processes.
- Ensure that all documents related to beneficiary’s activities are accurate and properly filed.
- In case of cash disbursement, the Monitor must ensure that beneficiary sign or thumb print against their names on the receipts as proof that they received such amount.
- Complete required documents/forms related to Livelihood Project
- Prepare food monitors report with all beneficiary distribution lists matching with signatures
- Participate in training and sensitization of beneficiaries on distribution and other items.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree, Diploma or advanced training/ course in Social Work, Humanitarian or related field
- Previous similar work experience
- High level communication skills and team work spirit.
- Familiarity with host community culture
- High Level of understanding of “NGO” Principles and approach
- High level of ability to identify needs from the community
- Ability to perform field assignments and willingness to travel in difficult terrain and security-risk areas.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: [email protected] in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
Click here for more information
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.