EnvironQuest was founded in 2001, and since then, we've made it our mission to provide scientifically sound, cost-effective integrated solutions for our customers so they can protect and preserve the environment without sacrificing their ambitions for business growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Analytical Chemist / Laboratory Coordinator
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and execute complex analytical and physical chemistry testing following the laboratory SOPs.
- Manage analysis timelines by using testing expertise, advanced chemical knowledge, statistical tools, logic and creativity to overcome challenges.
- Prepare and present analytical results to various stakeholders.
- Identify potential challenges and proactively plan for resolution. Escalate issues to upper management
- Ensure that all reagents and solutions are prepared according to SOPs.
- Keep and maintain all laboratory consumable stock.
- Ensure that equipment is calibrated to confirm accuracy, reliability and precision and all instruments are running properly.
- Interpret and document all test results including calculations and observations in lab documentation
- Review peers' analytical data for accuracy and integrity
- Approve changes to Lab procedures and Specifications
- Work with environmental scientist team to prioritize samples
- Ensure Strict compliance with Environmental and Safety regulations
- Conduct employee coaching/ mentoring as needed to the workgroup
- Improve technical leadership by training the workgroup, as well as internal business partners and external customers
- Oversee process improvements and data quality to help the team meet business and scientific benchmarks
- Motivates and holds our employees accountable against specific performance objectives
- Maintain lab's accreditation with different bodies and government (e.g. ISO, DPR, FMEnV, NESREA)
- Identify new technologies and strategies in the fields of environmental chemistry/sampling
- Manages people and performance daily, acting quickly and decisively.
- BSc / MSc in Chemistry or related field preferred.
- 6 - 8 years' experience in laboratory operations preferably in a supervisory role
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Working knowledge of computers and MS Office software.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously to meet established deadlines.
- Perform tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and priorities effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments.
- Ability to assist in budget preparation.
- Advanced knowledge of laboratory instrumentation.
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as subject of the mail.