LifeBank is a healthcare technology and logistics company that’s in the business of saving lives. We believe that no African should die from a shortage of essential medical products at the hospital level, and we are on a mission to solve this. LifeBank is currently working on the blood shortage problem in Nigeria by connecting hospitals to blood banks, and blood banks to donors. We do this by hosting blood drives and by delivering blood in less than 55 minutes, in a WHO and EU recommended cold-chain, to hospitals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Manager
Function of the Role
- The Country Director will be responsible for overseeing the operations of LifeBank Nigeria.
- S / he will be expected to implement brand strategies, create budget, generate progress reports, drive growth in the public sector and ensure profitability as well as continuously develop and implement the company’s strategies, policies and practices.
- S/he is expected to ensure compliance with the company’s values.
- Seed and Grow new units across Nigeria with emphasis on B2G units
- Ensure B2B units reach profitability across the country
- Build and maintain critical relationships that powers LifeBank Nigeria’s growth
- Maintain team morale and ensure compliance with LifeBank’s values
- Negotiate with clients and service providers needed to grow the business
- Attend events and conferences on behalf of the company
- Synthesize monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on progress and development
- Network effectively with clients and develop strong professional relationships
- Adapt the business model to be culturally relevant without losing its identity
- Provides strategic direction to the sales and marketing team to ensure delivery of broad business objectives
- Oversee the financial function of the business and ensures that controls are in place to enhance accountability and alignment with business strategies
- Develop annual budgets, profit targets, sales plans, growth plans for the company in alignment with the strategic objectives of the company and implement strategies to achieve those plans
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies in alignment with the company’s mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow, business process and organizational planning
- Perform other managerial duties as assigned
- B.Sc in Business Management, Project Management, Science-related course advanced degree in Sales, Marketing or Finance
- 5 years in a similar role
Skills and Abilities:
- Countrywide territorial knowledge.
- Ability to multitask
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage stakeholders
- Organizational, presentation and negotiation skills
- Good people-management skills.
- Exceptionally well organized and driven by success
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure situations
- Great vision, self-motivated, excellent drive and enthusiastic spirit
- Excellent business sense with experience in a joint venture
- Analytical thinker with superior problem-solving skills
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Good leadership, stress and time management skills
- Must be a team player and can in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Have a deep desire to work in the startup industry
- Technology industry awareness
- Highly organized and detailed
- Very tech-savvy and knowledgeable of current trends
- Loves to fix things
- Work in the office
- Required to work overtime, on weekends
- Required to travel
Application Closing Date