A leading independent Oil and Gas exploration and production company in Nigeria requires the services of an experienced and dynamic candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Geoscientist
- The candidate for this position must have an in-depth knowledge of sub surface structures, geological evaluation, geophysical interpretation, petrophysical interpretation, innovative mapping using wells, seismic, production and reservoir data experience to construct geological/reservoir models for different terrains (offshore, swamp and land).
- He must have worked in a senior position for at least 5 years in a reputable E&P company and overall E&P experience of not less than 15 years.
Qualifications and Key Accountabilities
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Geology / Geophysics,
- A Master's degree in any of these disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Provide key technical input during exploration, appraisal and development of assets to maximize resource potential
- Integrate several data types including well logs, seismic production and other analysis to create integrated geological framework models, risk, uncertainty analysis, hazard identification, and integration
- Provide guidance and geological requIrements for simulation models and reservoir studies
- Deliver geological and geophysical elements of appraisal & field development projects such as exploration/appraisal/development wells, creating and updating an existing reservoir model, which are well-scoped arid can deliver long term development scenarios.
- Integration of logs & production data, seismic data, static & dynamic models to identify bypass pay, upside potential, workover and drilling candidates.
- Provide expertise related to the field development plan, reserves assessment, asset acquisition, exploration, appraisal, and development strategies.
- Collaborate with other geoscientists to ensure all relevant geological and geophysical data is incorporated into field development plans and the execution of field development drilling programs.
- Must be proficient in the use of Geoscience software such as Landmark and Petrel environment with the ability to evaluate geological and geophysical interpretation using well logs, production, and reservoir data to construct geological/reservoir models.
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-tasking team.
- Must be result-oriented and committed to company goals.
- Must be capable of representing the company with regulatory and government agencies.
- Must be a good team player with strong interpersonal skills, be able to work under pressure and ready to travel at very short notice.
- We offer a competitive and attractive package.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.