A leading independent Oil and Gas exploration and Production company in Nigeria require the services of an experienced and dynamic candidate for the positions below:
Job Title: Senior Drilling Engineer
- Candidate for this position is required to have good knowledge of well engineering, drilling and completions to provide support to company’s operations from the initial design to delivery of a wet! to production.
- He must be knowledgeable in drilling and completion practices.
Qualifications and Key Accountabilities
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in a core Engineering discipline
- A master’s degree in any of the relevant Engineering disciplines will be an added advantage
- A minimum of ten (15) years of experience in the industry after graduation, ideally in operations and drilling.
- Knowledge of the procedures, tools and techniques used in well drilling projects.
- Ability to prepare work schedules and comprehensive drilling plans to meet project objectives and deadlines.
- Experience monitoring day-to-day rig operations during drilling and completions operations, including the deployment of effective solutions for operational continuity, equipment malfunctions and other onsite problems.
- Liaise with project partners, such as geologists and drilling contractors etc. in order to keep up-to-date on all developments that may have an impact on drilling activities.
- Familiar with statutory and regulatory requirements, with respect to health and safety and emergency procedures.
- Working knowledge of commonly used and relevant drilling/operations/production management software
- Must have strong analytical, practical problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to plan and lead projects and must be able to work under pressure by themselves and in teams
- Strong grasp of technical aspects and to keep developing skills and expertise
- Must be capable to deliver quality, on budget and with speed.
- Good verbal and written communication
We offer a competitive and attractive package.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.