A leading independent Oil and Gas exploration and Production company in Nigeria require the services of an experienced and dynamic candidate for the positions below:
Job Title: Safety and Security Coordinator
- Manage and coordinate all Security and Safety functions within the company
- Responsible for the formulation and implementation of HSE and Security plans, programs and activities. conduct regular HSE audit, accident and incident investigation and reporting.
- Oversee all environment-related studies (EIA, EES, PEA) etc.
- Maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the location by conducting HSE trainings for employees/contractor personnel and educating workers about site-specific safety measure.
- Develop new strategies for the mitigations of risks, threats and negative exposures on Company’s business and operations and tar all field locations.
- Liaise and interface with relevant regulatory agencies and stakeholders for securing relevant permits and approvals
- Overall responsibility for HSSE planning, budgeting for PSC and Joint Venture Management.
- Oversee and coordinate all Contractors for Safety end Security to ensure timely intervention on security and Safety related issues on the Company’s operations.
- Provide proactive and actionable intelligence to forestall security breaches as well as provide comprehensive investigation where security breaches or incidents have been established.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate for this position must have sound knowledge of all Safety and Security related experience for the mitigation of Security and Safety related risks and exposures in an E&P Company / Oil & Gas industry
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in a core Engineering discipline or equivalent with a minimum of Second Class Upper-division.
- Master's degree in Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety Management or in any of the relevant Engineering disciplines will be an added advantage.
- NEBOSH IGC, HSE Level-3 qualification and OHSAS18OO1 Lead Auditing Training is mandatory
- A minimum of twelve (15) years relevant experience with 8 years in the oil industry with relevance in HSSE management.
- Ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Must have rounded oil and gas experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have a working knowledge of commonly used and relevant Safety and Security management software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We offer a competitive and attractive package.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.