Danny Brooks Technologies, Nigeria's largest Cloud TV Streaming Company. We at Danny Brooks Technologies are dedicated to revolutionising the way the world watches TV. We are a pan-atlantic award-winning OTT provider of next-generation TV solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry.
We are a leading full service digital marketing agency based in Magodo axis of Lagos Nigeria. Our ability to connect today's three core methodologies - technology, creativity and strategy - at the apex is what makes us the right digital marketing agency to help you "Dominate the Digital Age".
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: VP, Cloud Channels Engineering
- We are looking for exceptional tech-savviness in globally disruptive apps development for EVERY internet enabled screen. In our organization, the VP role is not a project management/delivery role, it is not an HR management role. It is a role that requires deep technical competence that only technical stars can have.
- If you used to be the best software developer on your team, and when you got promoted, you discovered the joy of building high-performing teams via means of continuous process improvement and hands-on technical coaching.
- Then, our environment enables you to be a VP level manager without having to trade-in your love for technology with project plans and politics.
- Our workforce is composed of the top 1% of a cross-racial developers from all around the globe.
- That annoying feeling that everyone is holding you back by moving too slow will be gone in no time. Working with super-smart high pace developers enables you to build a dream-team with exceptional performance.
- Apply now to make a career move and be part of the #futureoftv revolution.
- Build and lead an engineering group that is part of our central engineering function
- Establish high-quality world-class standards and technical operations to deliver as part of our broad portfolio of B2B SaaS products
- Provide coaching to your managers and team members - help them grow
- Engage and align top talent through strong recruitment, mentoring, hands-on architectural leadership and career management
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent ( Ph.D. preferred)
- Excellent technical expertise in software development, software architecture, quality assurance, cloud infrastructure and automated deployments using CI/CD tools
- Minimum of 20 years hands-on software development and architecture experience
- Minimum of 13 years in a software engineering leadership position such as CTO or Head of Development
- Leading at least 10 multidisciplinary software teams, with an overall head-count of more than 50 engineers, structured such that you were responsible for goal setting, performance measurement, and hiring/ firing decisions (direct reporting lines - a MUST)
- Experience in building high-performing teams and scalable best-practices in an engineering organization
- Setting aggressive goals for your teams using SMART principles and usage of metrics as a key driver in your decision-making processes
- A technically dominant and opinionated lead aspiring for continuous improvement across his organization
- An advanced level of spoken and written English
- Must be a repository of knowledge in apps development for the following platforms:
- Vizio Cast TV,
- Samsung Smart Hub,
- Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung Tizen/Orsay, LG WebOS,
- Chromecast, Google Nest, Oculus Go, Xbox,
- PlayStation 3 and 4, WII U,
- Sony Smart TV,
- Ouya, Nvidia Shield,
- Toshiba Smart TV
- Additionally, our choice candidate must be proficient in the following apps architechure scope:
- Pin based Authentication and device authentication
- User based login with password
- Customise video player (Trick play, auto play and play next functionality like Netflix)
- Resume facility within the channel for user easy access
- Integrate Ads framework (Google ad manager and spotx framework)
- You Will Be Working With Clients Such Asа Aljazeerah,а Emmanuel TV, Super Sports, Citi, Ogilvy, and many others
N10,000,000 - N15,000,000 per annum
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a Cover Letter, stating your disruptive developmental projects, preferably being used by a global OTT player to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.