Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PEA Virtual Training Consultant
Ref. ID: req8287
Location: Benin City, Edo
- The Stamping out Trafficking in Nigeria (SoTiN) is a 4-years DFID Nigeria programme which aims to change or reduce the behaviors, attitudes, and social norms in Edo State that drive or enable human trafficking and unsafe migration.
SoTiN seeks to achieve the impact that more effective Government and non-Government institutions reduce the drivers and enablers of unsafe migration and human trafficking through three components:
- Strengthened Edo State Government response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: more effective and innovative use of resources – human, financial, physical, political and network assets– supports a ‘whole of government’ approach to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking through social and attitudinal change.
- Improved coordination, innovation, and quality of NGO response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: better coordinated and more effective civil society tackling the drivers and enablers of human trafficking.
- A stronger evidence base for action in anti-slavery prevention, with learning platforms operating and informing policy and interventions: the use of evidence and sharing of best practices becomes embedded in ways of working, to deliver improved performance.
- SoTiN invites application from suitably qualified candidates to conduct Political Economy Analysis (PEA) training for the core team and downstream partners in Edo State, Nigeria.
The objectives of the 3 days virtual PEA course will include but not limited to the following.
- To equip participants with an action-oriented introduction to the key elements of political economy analysis (PEA) and highlight action points to enable them to make SoTiN implementation more effective using a PEA lens.
- Better understand what political economy analysis is, and the different operational contexts in which it may be effectively tailored.
- Better understand what tools and frameworks are available for political economy analysis and how they can be applied.
- Encourage the use of PEA in an iterative way through regular strategic review processes and improved programme management.
- Learning to better situate the SoTiN programme within the prevailing political and economic processes in Edo State, Nigeria
In delivering this task the consultant is expected to:
- Develop and share teaching and learning materials on Political Economy Analysis (PEA) for SoTiN team and downstream partners.
- Facilitate a 3-day virtual PEA training course on the use of PEA as a tool in understanding and resolving the problem of human trafficking and unsafe migration in Edo State.
- Produce the report from the 3 days virtual PEA training conducted
- Proffer recommendations on how PEA can be embedded or better underpin all SoTiN activities
- The successful candidate will be line and task managed by the SoTiN Programme Government Policy and Technical
- Advisor who is based in the project office in Benin City, Nigeria.
Interested candidates should have the following functional skills and competencies:
- Expertise and experience in having conducted PEAs.
- Ability to provide policy advice and recommendations especially within Nigerian context.
- Experience in designing practical, sector-specific PEA templates and tools.
- In-depth knowledge on development issues in Nigeria and have commitment and drive for development research.
- Excellent analytical aptitude, oral communication and virtual presentation skills.
- Evidence of excellent report writing skills.
- Proven track record of maintaining strong professional partnerships and working in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Closing Date