White Soul Motors Limited, incorporated in 1996 is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Store Keeper
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking to engage the services of a Store Keeper who is organized and detail-oriented, to manage all of the operations in our storeroom.
- In this position, you'll play a key role in the proper care and maintenance of our stock, including ordering, receiving, and managing inventory.
Key Functions of the Role
- Oversees and administers the operations of the store. Receives identifies and verifies merchandise. Provides information to and assists other employees.
- Maintains inventory. Uses inventory management software. Prepares purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock.
- Maintains files appropriate to the activities of the unit, such as invoices, order number, receiving date, shipping date, etc.
- Prepares inventory reports.
- Verifies ledgers, statements and supporting documents.
- Handles and stores merchandise or special products that require some knowledge of spontaneous combustion, toxicity, fragility, rapid deterioration, contamination, etc.
- According to requirements and established procedures, arranges stock. In case of emergency or in order to replace outdated products, suggests substitutes available in the store.
- Oversees the delivery of merchandise following an established schedule and coordinates special deliveries by transmitting the necessary details to the persons concerned.
- Keep records of items shipped, received, or transferred to another location
- Update procurement team on status of stock to avoid stock-out
- Maintains equipment and instruments.
- Monitors diesel supply to trucks and prepares weekly diesel supply report
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report to accounts for reimbursements and record-keeping
- Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Min of HND /B.Sc in relevant field
- Min of 2 years of experience working as a Store Keeper or similar role
- Experience in аthe transport/logistics industry is an added advantage
- Must be located in Calabar
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Analytical mind with the ability to make accurate mathematical computations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Skills to operate common office equipment
- 2+ years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping
- Valid driver's license
- Physical ability to frequently heavy materials
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.