Whitfield Ventures Limited is a global trading company with an active presence in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia. We have pioneered and specialized in supplying Nigeria and West African clients with globally sourced products and services that are critical to laying the foundations for a modern economy. Inversely, we also distribute locally sourced raw and processed agricultural products from West Africa to the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Agronomist
- Establish and manage all Moringa organic farming and other agribusiness matters including seedling nursery, transplanting, irrigation, fertilization, disease detection and prevention, weed management and related activities.
- Study soil, plants, seeds, and products to better understand crop needs and develop more effective and efficient farming practices. Conduct research, take and test samples, and solve complex problems.
- Deliver agreed revenue, cash-flow and profit targets as set out in the business plan from time-to-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out Various Agronomist activities which are not limited to the following: Site selection, soil sampling and analysis, identifying equipment needed for planting and fertilizer processes, irrigation requirements, wedding requirements and plant measurements.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Maintain compliance with ARM rules and procedures and to maintain compliance with regulatory statutes and authorities.
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems as it relates to the job function.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples as well as testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Execution and monitoring the performance of his direct area of responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of all facets of medium to large scale organic farming of Moringa.
- Farm Record Keeping.
- On-field specialist who is able to control the farm.
- Minimum of 8 years extensive experience in practical large-scale commercial organic farming of moringa, Moringa agribusiness operations across Sub-Saharan Africa especially Nigeria or similar economies.
- Applicable academic certifications in fields such as Horticulture, Agronomy, Plant Science etc.
- Additional vocational qualification in Moringa organic production will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.