White Soul Motors Limited, incorporated in 1996 is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager - Operations
Job Type: Full time
- We are a highly reputable transport company in Nigeria and are looking to engage the services of a General Manager, Operations to provide operational leadership and management and ensure accurate operational controls, measurement and reporting systems to support a safe, effective and reliable operations as it conforms to the requirements of our partners.
Key Functions of the Role
- Oversee and ensure orderly, safe and satisfactory delivery of entire clients’ consignments to clients’ customers or depot facilities.
- Ensure the availability of 95% of the company’s vehicles for routing every day of the month at the time stipulated by the client.
- Ensure that White Soul’s trucks are operated efficiently and economically. Supervise and coordinate vehicle maintenance to reduce downtown of vehicles.
- Manage company costs by developing cost management processes, engendering a financially responsible culture and introducing tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
- Assess and implement improved processes and new technologies, and collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Support the company in the management of relationships with clients and external stakeholders through a coordinated approach including attendance at meetings.
- Liaise with the clients for profitable business, routes and reduced downtime
- Drive the company’s operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention, and company goals.
- Liaise with the safety team to ensure total safety and security of all company’s assets across locations.
- Enforce compliance to good housekeeping as a key safety objective.
- Liaise with the Operations Managers for all locations to ensure zero client’s product loss/theft/damage incidents at the company’s facilities.
- Work with the safety team to ensure that trucks that go to the client’s plants for loading of products meet all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all trucks are road worthy, fully utilized and turnaround time (TAT) is maintained at all times
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- First degree from a reputable tertiary institution
- M.Sc is an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualifications from a recognized professional body (e.g. Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) and Certified Institute of Warehousing & Materials Management (CIWM)
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience, with at least 5 years in senior management capacity
- Proven experience in Supply Chain management, including, haulage, logistics, and fleet management and customer service operations
- Multi-site management experience in the fleet management and logistics services
- In-depth knowledge of global and local transport and logistics best practices
- Experience working with a large and unskilled/semiskilled workforce;
- Has thorough understanding of heavy duty vehicle operations and working knowledge of engines and vehicles at large;
- Possesses working knowledge of budgeting, business development, and strategic planning;
- Thinks strategically and innovatively on operational and technical aspects of the business
- An ability to coach and mentor direct reports to improve their performance and impact.
- Ability to direct and motivate colleagues and contractors.
- An ability to develop team members at all levels, with the requirement
- Must be willing to travel or relocate on short notice
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the role applied as the subject of the email.