Ladgroup Limited is a model company in the Agro allied sector in Nigeria, dedicated to marketing and processing of Agro commodities.
The company started business in 1972 by exporting agricultural produce, namely Ginger, Sheanuts, Coffee and Gum Arabic. Ladgroup became highly successful in exports and was the largest exporter of Sheanuts and Cocoa in the 70’s and 80’s, winning two major awards from the Nigerian Export Import Bank (NEXIM) namely “Best Exporter of the Year” and “Best Cocoa Exporter”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
Location: Ikenne, Ogun
Reporting to: Board of Directors
- The MD / CEO will fully represent and implement the interest and decisions of the Board and Shareholders in the day-to-day operations of an Agro-based, export-focused, oilseed processing business and its forward integration into retail downstream derivatives.
The responsibilities of the managing director include but is not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement the short- and long-term strategies and comprehensive business plans aligned with the vision and mission of the organization to achieve profitable business growth.
- Identify new agribusiness opportunities and keeping the Board abreast of developments within the industry
- Drive financial management activities including annual budget development, financial performance, cash flow management and investment decisions to achieve expected financial performance.
- Allocate and delegate roles, responsibilities and tasks clearly, effectively matching the level of responsibility with the appropriate skills, experience and authority required within the company.
- Be the face of the Company and deliver appropriate representation to cover Corporate communication and public relations to strengthen the company's profile.
- Provide governance and management support in developing and deploying appropriate policies to ensure company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Enable a thriving work environment and a highly motivated team.
- Demonstrable experience as coordinator or key team member in developing and executing strategic business plans for a double- digit year-On-year organic growth, aligned with Shareholder Vision.
- A First Degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Business, Marketing, Accounting or other Science or Social Science-related courses. An additional professional or postgraduate qualification will be an advantage.
- 15+ years of work experience in operations management in good manufacturing and marketing enterprise in the FMCG- food, personal care, or agribusiness sectors.
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors.
- Strong Financial, Commercial, and the wider People & organizational management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- The incumbent must be a strategist and inspiring leader, energetic, resilient with strong proactive management skills.
- He/She must have track record of implementing viable commercial market entry and sustaining growth strategies for FMCG, instituting operational controls, optimizing business efficiency and executing major New product lines production and marketing projects.
- Success in the role will require an entrepreneurial business mindset and a working understanding of finance and commercial management principles.
- The role offers competitive and motivating pay with outstanding benefits that include health and life insurances, generous vacation; days and much more in a very dynamic and exciting work environment.
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.