Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in over 200 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Product Solutions Lead
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- Reporting directly to the SSA Head of Products and Key Account Manager, this individual is a key member of the regional Product and Solutions team serving West Africa.
- A key ‘face of the Product and Solutions team managing, building and developing Key account portfolios, the individual also helps define and execute the operations of all Key Account products initiatives.
- This individual also reports to the Country Manager for West Africa and is a key partner in local solution development.
- Anglophone West Africa, based in Lagos, Nigeria
Product Leadership For Products and Solutions:
- Engage Client(s), in collaboration with Visa Business Development (BD) team and other key stakeholders, to understand Product requirements and provide appropriate Visa solutions
- Drive Product and strategic initiatives with Client(s), in collaboration with BD, Marketing and other cross-functional teams
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for growth, improvement or co-created solutions with client
- Provide Product input to new business opportunities and formal proposals.
Develop And Manage Products and Product Platforms:
- Manage the introduction, communication and implementation of product and service releases, new products and enhancements of services
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and client to understand local requirements, adapt products as required and manage programs to establish and grow new product solutions
- In cases where localized products, benefits or platforms are required, take end-to-end accountability to develop and launch such capabilities, including project and vendor management and cross-functional collaboration
- Be the face of Visa for client and partners looking to co-innovate with Visa
- Support Sub Saharan Africa solutions and BD teams as an innovation subject matter expert.
- Develop robust, proactive pipeline of tangible collaboration/prototyping projects with clients/partners that will drive c-level sponsorship and engagement
- Build trusted advisor relationships with key client and partners in the industry
- Structure, support and lead client Discovery and Ideation Sessions:
- Discussing major industry and technology trends and payment innovations
- Understanding client’s needs, pain points and priorities and be able to link trends and innovations directly to client strategy
- Identifying payment innovation opportunities
- Driving positive outcomes and concrete next steps
- Lead a team that defines and delivers on Visa Sub Saharan Africa’s co-creation agenda and engagements with client
- Deliver against co-creation engagements committed in client’s contract
- Use best in class design thinking and agile methods to Discover, Design, Develop and Deploy new innovations
- Demonstrate and be held accountable for actual client impact, client satisfaction, and implementation results post co-creations.
Internal Solution Development:
- Partner the local solutions team to develop local solutions for the Client
Planning, Reporting, Financial Management:
- Partner with Marketing & Comms teams to showcase the Visa Sub Saharan Africa Products and Solutions story and activities to the client
- Build a programmatic marketing / comms plan working with internal stakeholders and client
- Lead high-quality campaigns to showcase Visa’s products
- Support the P&L management, financial planning with Client to ensure that Visa Products remain on top of Clients’ product offering.
- Play a key role in building annual operating plan, multi- year plan with the client
- Work with SSA, Head of Products and Finance Business Partner to ensure that revenues is maximized
- Help build business models and cases for growth with Client
Thought Leadership and Evangelism:
- Proactively build and curate content on emerging innovation themes to present to Client
- Build client engagement content (e.g., use case of a new technology in payment), based on desk research and interviews with Visa’s experts, and engagement material across various media formats (e.g., presentation, talking points, demos, videos)
- Actively evangelize Visa’s Products and Solutions and priorities with Client
- Educate Client on latest innovations and Visa solutions through memos, frequent brown bags and other ways to engage Client
- Build a vision for how to showcase innovative experiences to Client. Lead innovation immersions with clients at Visa Innovation Centers, to display the latest (and upcoming) applications of technology in payments.
- Tertiary qualification with a business, marketing, or other relevant degree
- Post-graduate qualification will be advantageous, but not an absolute requirement
- 8 years’ experience in payments, banking or financial services
- Experience in product management, and/or marketing management, and/or consulting
- Strong project management and execution skills
- Insight and understanding of analytics, segmentation and other product management principles
- Experience of management and/or business strategy will be advantageous
- Exposure to digital products and digital product management will be advantageous
- Strong conceptualization and problem-solving skills
- Good networker with experience at senior levels
- Experience evaluating a technology landscape, preferably within payments and e-commerce
- Passion for technology, futurist view and intellectual curiosity.
Application Closing Date