Louis Valentino Prixair (LVP) is a proud indigenous Nigerian conglomerate which operates a wide range of businesses, including Real Estate Development & Investment, Property Management, Hotel Operations, Cleaning and Laundry services, Catering services and Media. A leader in each of our sectors of business, we offer integrated and advanced solutions for customers across multiple industries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Chef (Foreign National Only)
- Creativity, leadership and the ability to work under pressure are only a few of the skills you need to work as the executive chef at our five-star restaurant
- Quality is key for us because we strive to serve only top-notch dishes and desserts
- We are focused on providing an experience that cannot be found anywhere else through serving unique foods and creatively prepared items
- If you love cooking and being able to let yourself create masterpieces in the kitchen, you are exactly who we are looking for
- You will be provided with a highly trained and experienced staff to assist you in preparing meals that are sure to wow our guests.
- Create menus and recipes to be prepared for breakfast, lunch and dinner Churascco and Alacat services
- Prepare foods according to set menus using a variety of cooking and baking techniques with the assistance of kitchen staff
- Check and monitor inventory, including managing the safe storage and preparation of food items and ensuring inventory is kept stocked according to the planned menus
- Secure contracts with food providers, including deliveries and guaranteed in-stock items, along with securing fresh foods, such as fruits, vegetables, meats and fish, from local providers with a focus on using local and fresh foods as much as possible
- Adhere to the restaurant’s policies, procedures and codes about kitchen safety and safe food handling, along with guidelines for menu creation
- Train and manage kitchen staff
- Send daily weekly and monthly reports to restaurant manager
- Keep the kitchen area clean and sanitary while abiding by the latest regulations for safety and cleanliness
- Check the quality of all food products, both raw and cooked, to ensure compliance with standards
- Process orders for food and equipment to ensure efficient kitchen operations
- Attend seminars and conferences to improve cooking abilities regularly and demonstrate to kitchen staff the techniques learned
- Oversee preparation of all dishes and ensure compliance with health and fire codes.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- At least 15 years of experience working as a Chef
- At least 8 years of experience working in a fine dining establishment
- Proven leadership skills
- History of creating menus and designing new food recipes only foreign nationals should apply
- Culinary Degree or Vocational Training
- Baking skills.
Application Closing Date
2nd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using "Flames Chef" as the subject of the mail.
Note: This role is open only to chef of foreign descent. No indigenous application will be processed.