Pyramid Pharmacy Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- As a pharmacy accountant, Jobholder is responsible for analysing financial data to help management make informed business decisions.
- Jobholder also prepares financial reports to determine or maintain a record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organisation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine bookkeeping to keep track of the business' income and expenses.
- Prepare a financial report in line with International Reporting Standards.
- Reconcile the pharmacy's inventory and ensure appropriate documentation.
- Make timely payments to fulfil the tax and other statutory obligations to avoid penalties.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies as they arise; including tracking the cause of the discrepancy and proffering lasting solution to that effect.
- Prepare budget forecast.
- Work closely with HR to prepare and administer payroll.
- Compute and prepare tax returns
- Report company financial health to the stakeholders every month
- Ensure the security of financial information; including regular backup of financial data.
- Work closely with the Inventory Specialist for proper documentation, management and allocation of all pharmaceutical inventories.
- Build and maintain a good relationship with Vendors, Suppliers and Distributors; including making payment in line with signed SLAs.
- Track daily transactions of the business; including preparing a weekly financial report for a management meeting.
- Negotiate the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organisations.
- Manage colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payment by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Manage the petty cash system.
Education and/or Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- ICAN and ACA/ACCA is an added advantage.
- 3 -5 years' experience in Accounting and Finance Role
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is an added advantage
- General cognate knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Excel use.
- Mathematical and analytical ability
- Tech Savvy
- Great Communication, Interpersonal and Relationship Management Skills.
- Commitment to self and professional development.
Application Closing Date
5th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.