Alan & Grant - Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Job Type: Full time
- The job holder will support the company through the design and implementation of value-driven procurement and inventory strategies, plan, coordinate and oversee supply chain strategy and operations for service efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and oversee all purchasing activities, manage and develop supplier/vendor relationships and negotiations
- Drive cost reduction and support revenue growth by ensuring appropriately managed supply chain
- Work closely with user departments (e.g. facilities management team) in handling of objections and complaints in regard to stocks items and related services
- Liaise with other departments/units to ensure accuracy in demand forecasts, and generate supply plans for year-round availability of business-critical stock items (and related service)
- Consistently ensure measurements and evaluation of supplier/vendor performance
- Keep abreast of relevant economic, industry, supply market, and business conditions
- Maintain a “no surprises” supply chain environment
- Proffer appropriate solutions for all supply chain operational challenges
- Provide timely updates to GLC, for supply assurance
- Ensure compliance to formal sourcing, procurement policies and preferred supplier/vendor agreements
- Ensure economic order quantity and minimum re-order levels are maintained on all stock items
- Provide clear direction and undertake performance monitoring of the Supply Chain Team
- Ensure clear documentation of procurement and inventory-related processes, and adherence by the SC team
- Manage resources (human, technology and physical), through good practices, communication systems, and performance management techniques
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities
- Monitor inventory turnover, reduce waste, and mitigate inventory holding costs.
- Ensure competitive pricing from Suppliers/Vendors & Efficiently negotiate orders and contracts
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, inventory requirements/planning, inventory control and warehousing
- Develop and appropriately utilise material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Periodically review Supply Chain protocols continue to meet the Company operational needs
- The Supply Chain Manager will place his/her full working capabilities at the disposal of the company, and based on work exigencies, the company reserves the right to assign additional responsibilities to the role.
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Commerce, or a related field
- A professional qualification, such as ACA, ICAN, ACCA, CFA
- Minimum of six (6) years previous experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple task functions simultaneously
- Ability to work with Sage and Microsoft Navision software.
- Critical thinking – Apply logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Planning - Finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Reporting – Automated financial and accounting reporting systems. International Financial Reporting standards (IFRS). International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Business management – Strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, operations, and coordination of resources
- Problem-solving – Apply methods to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution that solves identified problems
- Organizing and planning - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, arrange, and accomplish own work and that of others Leadership – Capacity to superintend, guide, plan, organize and manage activities.
Application Closing Date