IO Furniture Limited is a full-service interior design and manufacturing company characterized by our uncompromising quality and innovative design solutions. With innovation, functionality, and style at the heart and soul of our company, we deliver perfection consistently.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial and Management Accountant
- The Financial and Management Accountant will report directly to the CFO. This is a supporting mid-level role within IO Furniture to assist with the production of the monthly management reporting, as well as the administration of the accounting package used by the Company.
- The Financial Accountant will assist in ensuring the management reports produced are accurate and meet reporting deadlines. These duties will be undertaken in alignment with relevant accounting standards, tax laws and IOF policies and procedures. The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the efficient managing of the weekly, monthly and annual accounting and reporting process.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management reports for the Company, to be distributed to management and the Board of Directors on a timely basis. The reports measure profitability, liquidity, operational performance, variance analysis amongst other KPIs.
- Preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS and pronouncements from the FRC.
- Manage and protect the financial information and records of the Company as relevant to their task as there is a broad responsibility to protect the integrity of all financial information of the Company.
- Attend to external auditors. Ensure financial records are balanced as part of preparation for annual external audits to ensure quick turnaround of the audit cycle.
- Constantly review and monitor the accounts of the Company to ensure the basis of accurate reporting is of high quality.
- Comply with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for monthly and annual tax filings.
- Supervise and provide technical advice to junior team members on finance and accounting matters relating to their tasks.
- First level collation of information required for the Company’s operating budgets.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provide financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Prepare special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
- Adhoc assistance to the Company CFO as required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role or with a reputable accounting firm. Experience with a reputable accounting firm is an added advantage. Preferably a Big 4 firm.
- Must be ICAN/ACCA qualified or close to completion
- In-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards is a must.
- The individual must be technologically savvy with an above-average working knowledge of computer-based accounting systems and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to take responsibility
- Highly smart and flexible
- Extremely analytical
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.