Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enterprise Systems Developer
- We seek to hire an Enterprise Systems Developer, that is a seasoned professional with demonstrated experience in developing Enterprise Systems.
- The selected individual will work alongside other members of Babban Gona’s Enterprise team in order to develop our enterprise software’s, as well as solve the enterprise-wide problem of the organization.
- Plans, designs, develops, tests, and maintains enterprise-level desktop-, web- and mobile-based applications
- Designs solutions attending to both business and technical considerations
- Analyses user requirements, envisions system features and functionality
- Collaborates with product owners, team leads and other software developers
- Works closely with end-users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Works on bug fixes and improving application performance
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from a reputable university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or any other related field
- 1 year+ experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of software development life cycle (, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- Ability to develop Android apps using any framework desired
- Understanding of databases, with proficiency in SQL
- Ability to build Microsoft Access data applications while using VBA and Macros
- Familiarity with build tools
- Familiarity with web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3 as well as design frameworks
- Basic understanding of using data to drive decisions and data visualization
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile versus desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Unit test and debugging skills
- Understanding of code versioning tools (Git) is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Proof of already developed applications on multiple platforms will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date