Corporate Headhunters Limited - Our client is an award-winning, high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers they serve.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Manager (Agro Plant)
Location: Kaduna (Northern Nigeria)
Reports To: Head of Partnerships
- Our client's organisation was created to specifically attract youth to agriculture and away from the looming instability of extremist groups.
- They have been able to accomplish this by franchising thousands of farmer cooperatives across Nigeria, dramatically increasing the profitability of the smallholder members 2.5 times above the national average. This dramatic increase in net income is accomplished by delivering an integrated holistic package of training, farm inputs and marketing services, on credit.
- They have been able to deliver this credit while maintaining one of the highest repayment rates in the world, currently above 99%, leveraging their comprehensive 8 levels of risk mitigation.
- Our client is currently looking for a Technical Manager (Agro Plant)
- She/he will lead the production of agro-chemical products in compliance with world class standards.
- Leading the production of agro-chemical products in compliance with world-class standards - instilling a culture that exhibits continuous improvement regarding safety, quality and cost delivery.
- Organise agro-chemical programmes and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organisation
- Develop new programmes to support the strategic direction of the agro-chemical plant and the organisation.
- Develop a budget and operating plan for the programme.
- Develop an evaluation method to assess programme strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Write programme funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Manage a team of diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decision on services.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of programme status throughout its life cycle
- Analyse programme risks and work on strategy to market product.
Qualifications / Requirements
Profound Know-How in Chemical Assembly Processes and Production Technologies:
- Leadership experience in project coordination, agro-chemical production coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in operational and supply chain management.
- Experience in collaboration with Contractors and Partners.
- Expertise in agro-resource management (inventories, planning and project implementation) and invasive species management (planning, identification and control).
- Ability to mentor, manage and supervise employees and interns.
- Experience in and ability to perform field work.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Access) and managing geographic databases
- Detailed orientated and able to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work with little or no supervision - independently and as part of a team.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in fast-paced star-up environment with dynamic business priorities
Unlocking Potential of Team Members:
- Extensive experience and passion in coaching / mentoring a team.
- Extensive experience leading a complex organisation and passion for getting into details to identify root causes of issues and create innovative solutions.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using "Technical Manager" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified and experienced candidates who reside in any of the northern states in Nigeria would be contacted for an interview.