Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager II
Job number: 853557
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- The Microsoft device ecosystem is evolving rapidly. The natural, ambient, and context-aware experiences that the Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge enables requires a constant flow of updates to keep the edge up to date and secure. This includes frequent update of AI that powers inference at the edge and in the cloud. The Windows ecosystem is a community of a billion devices with unmatched diversity of hardware and software, competitors, form-factors, and frequent releases. Ensuring windows devices are update-to-date and secure is at the core of Windows as a Service (WaaS).
- As we’ve evolved our Windows Update capability for a SaaS delivery model, we’ve learned how important it is for the update experience to harmonize with our mission to empower users to be more productive. User experience and productivity is materially impacted when updates go wrong, when updates aren’t coordinated, or when updates aren’t installed in a timely manner. This is as true on PCs and Macs as it is on digital signs, security cameras, connected vehicles and other IoT device workloads. Microsoft is uniquely positioned, with our cloud and intelligence capabilities and a track record of performing software servicing and delivery at unmatched scale, and experience that disappears into the background of modern life and modern work.
- Our teams charter is to build an Azure service aimed at our enterprise customers and partners that can drive efficiency into their app validation workloads, with intelligence and tools to manage it. We believe in being experimental, learning constantly, being scrappy while bringing order to disorder, helping each other as humans and professionals to be our best possible selves. We believe great ideas come from a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and cognitive styles. We actively create an environment where everyone’s ideas can be heard and can contribute toward a much better end result. We live and breathe Microsoft’s mission to empower every single person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Translate customer demand signals into release priorities, and ensure business growth
- Engage directly with customers, ISV’s and SI’s, at the CIO/CTO level, supporting executive briefings and innovation partnerships.
- Discover innovation scenarios that make Azure the cloud of choice for app validation.
- Establish adoption strategies and execution plans to drive growth
- Drive decisive action in partnership with other Microsoft field team and deliver results that depend on other divisions and external partners.
- Remove customer barriers to cloud adoption around the world.
- Minimum of 4 years product development engineering experience with at least 2 years as a Program Manager.
- Detail oriented and results driven.
- Excellent skill in authoring precision functional specifications.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and with ambiguity.
- Technical depth in feature and cross-dependency architectures.
- Ability to understand a range of hardware/software technologies.
- Ability to drive clarity in chaos and organize people’s workload
- Strong focus on engineering excellence and culture
- Ability to work well with and articulate ideas to people: customers, developers, UX designers, executives.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of cloud-native services, Microservice architecture and Container technologies
- Linux and open source project experience
- Familiarity with Live Site and DevOps best practices
- Experience with ML/AI and statistics
- Experience developing APIs and coding.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.