Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Number: 853593
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- Imagine this: you finally finish writing that code. Now comes the tedious part - setting up the testing environment with the latest versions of all the tools you need. Wouldn’t it be awesome to have this easily available to you?
- Millions of our enterprise customers and software vendors deal with this every month. It slows down their progress and makes their lives a little less fun. They cannot easily re-test their code as new security updates for Windows come out every month.
- What if you could help solve this painful, recurring problem for customers around the globe? We’re building a Cloud service that uses intelligence to tackle this important problem. We want people like you to build this service from zero to world-class maturity.
- We believe in being experimental, learning constantly, being scrappy while bringing order to disorder, helping each other as humans and professionals to be our best possible selves.
- We believe great ideas come from a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and cognitive styles.
- We actively create an environment where everyone’s ideas can be heard and can contribute toward a much better end result. We live and breathe Microsoft’s mission to empower every single person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
This job might be for you if:
- You’re intrapreneurial and love being a founding member of teams
- You love to roll up your sleeves and solve problems
- You are excited about open source projects
- You love making and testing prototypes with real customers
- You get excited about solving real problems that impact a large number of lives
- You’re optimistic that we can help traditional industries with their digital transformation with cool new tech
You have experience with:
- Object-oriented languages like Java/C#
- Scripting languages like Python/Powershell
- Working with Big Data
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or 3+ years experience building online services and data solutions
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.