Absa Group - Absa’s strategic ambition is to continue to grow as a Pan-African bank. In our Nigeria office we offer trade finance, investment banking and market products through our various Nigerian registered subsidiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Risk and Compliance Officer
- In line with our plans to expand our operations we are now looking for a seasoned Risk and Compliance Executive.
- In this role you will head up the Risk (including Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk and Treasury Risk) and Compliance functions
- The successful candidate will actively participate in defining the strategic objectives to support the business, business planning and setting the direction of the business in-line with the Group Risk and Group Compliance strategies.
- You will also be responsible for establishing clear risk structures, setting common risk standards and procedures, risk portfolio oversight, monitoring adherence to risk governance and providing guidance and advice on business decisions
- This requires being at the heart of the business, whilst being independent of the business as a second line of defense, being proactive in anticipating and addressing risks, driving adherence to the values of the Bank, and being a role model for Compliance and Risk across the industry.
- Bachelor's Degree, CFA, or MBA (or similar) and 10 years or more managerial experience within senior Risk and / or Compliance roles in Financial Services / Investment Banking / Capital Markets
- Experience and understanding of local / regional regulatory environment / financial services legislation. Previous engagement with regulators and the ability to obtain necessary regulatory approvals will be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of local / national/sovereign risk issues and trends, local/national social, economic, political, and regulatory environment / trends / issues / risks (including, but not limited to, IFRS9, Basel Accords, BCBS239, local banking and financial services Acts, etc.)
- Excellent commercial awareness and experience (global, regional, and local / national) and familiarity with local wholesale banking sector (including top corporate borrowers in country)
- Detailed knowledge of risk management policies, procedures, and pricing strategies (particularly within the local / national context) and a proven track record in successful delivery of financial services risk management
- Experience in financial services collateral management practices, local capital and credit markets, including understanding limitations, threats, weaknesses, and risks (including underlying effectiveness and utilisation of available mitigants) and comprehensive credit-related product knowledge (particularly corporate lending, SME lending, FI lending, sovereign lending, and related Treasury Risks).
Application Closing Date